DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question about editing combat tracker

Question for all you FGU gurus out there. I am trying to modify my combat tracker so that each advancement of a new "round" is actually a quarter segment, i.e. 25%. So 4 segments equals one round. I have managed to modify all the durations on effects so it works, however, I would like to modify the Activity Percentage text box (Acct%) on the combat tracker. Right now it just deducts 100% from whatever you put in there every round advancement. I would like it to start at 25% on "round" 1 then 50% on "round" 2, then 75% on "round" 3, 100% on "round" 4. Ideally it would be nice if it went back to 25% after the next round but I can always do that manually. I have copied the corerpg.pak and unzipped it to a folder and I am going the all the .lua files, but I am a little lost. Any suggestions on the function I need to change? Thanks!

acct.JPG

There is actually a similar behavior in the Starfinder ruleset starship combat tracker, which does rounds and phases. You basically have to write your own round/phase advancement buttons and code to make sure it works the way that you want.

Or you could just make the the "round" field hidden with an onValueChanged event, and have that event call updates to two replacement number controls (i.e. "newround" (displays = (round / 4) + 1) and "newphase" (displays = (round % 4) + 1)).

I'd probably go the second route to keep things easy.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok thanks, do you know if the functions would be in the CoreRPG.pak or specific ruleset .pak?

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    Ok thanks, do you know if the functions would be in the CoreRPG.pak or specific ruleset .pak?
    The phased functionality Moon Wizard refers to is in the Starfinder ruleset (SFRPG.pak). But, like most rulesets, it is layered on top of CoreRPG - so the specific functionality in SFRPG may make use of functions within CoreRPG. Start by looking in SFRPG, but keep in mind that references may be in CoreRPG.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 19th, 2023 at 15:57.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If you take the second option I mentioned, you don't need to look at any other ruleset; because under the hood, nothing has changed, just how the value is displayed.

Regards,
    JPG

I actually got it work by hacking the ruleset so it increases the Act% by 25 each cycle and goes back to 25 if over 100. However, I can't seem to figure out how to set the first actor when a new round starts.

Thread Information