5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Rappan Athuk Issues

Browsing through the first few pages of this one I've hit upon a significant number of errors. I'm getting many errors of images not being found. For example the Rappan Athuk The Wilderness The Beach image has apparently two layers. However one of the layer can't be found and if I hide one of the layers I get a gray map as you can see from the image below. Many other maps have the same issue.

The Players maps from the Ground level are missing or incorrectly linked. Many, many NPC's don't have tokens. I have not gone through the whole module, but a few minutes browsing picked up the above and an awful lot more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I noticed missing tokens near the beginning with the Goblin Encounters.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Most of these issues have now been resolved. An incorrect version of the module was released in error.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Most of these issues have now been resolved. An incorrect version of the module was released in error.
    OK, I have these issues. How do I fix it? Shouldn't my module have updated with the Update button before launch?

You may need to right click on the module in the Library->Modules list and select the Revert Changes option.

Once you open and use an image record, a local copy will be saved with references to the images at the time the copy was made.

Regards,
    JPG

Running into the same issue. A lot of missing NPC tokens. As an example, the Abbot Grosso, Acolyte of Orcus, Acolyte of Tsathogga, Advanced Demi-lich, Afrit, to name a few. I went ahead and used revert changes, but i don't know what 'revert changes' option does and have not noticed any difference. Should I uninstall and then reinstall the module?
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMetal1 View Post
    Running into the same issue. A lot of missing NPC tokens. As an example, the Abbot Grosso, Acolyte of Orcus, Acolyte of Tsathogga, Advanced Demi-lich, Afrit, to name a few. I went ahead and used revert changes, but i don't know what 'revert changes' option does and have not noticed any difference. Should I uninstall and then reinstall the module?
    Does the module contain artwork for those NPCs? (I don't have this module) If not, then there will be no artwork for the developer to use for the NPC tokens and they will just get letter tokens.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

LordEntrails,

Not in all cases. However there are assets with artwork. Additionally, in several Encounter cases, you have letters that are used, but then in other cases no letters or images whatsoever.
    There is also issues with parcels. On in particular is the Troll Mound Parcel. It includes the gold, but leaves out the normal weapons and gems. Which I can understand as it's something the GM should decide upon or use random tables for. However, it leaves out a flaming short sword.

Note that these are just some things I'm seeing. The amount of work that the author put into this is absolutely amazing and I'm glad to see it for the VTT.
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Blog Entries
    Interesting about the letters, that's supposed to be automatic, so there should always at least be a letter. But most devs are really good about fixing any issues/errors so if you wish to detail them then the dev can be pointed to what improvements/fixes can be made.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Map related issues with Rappan Athuk and the latest updates

Hey, I love the module and I'm running a group through it. There was apparently a recent update to the module and some of the maps were updated or swapped out.

My players were on the teleportals map and when I loaded it to look at stuff so I could prep, the map itself was gone. I was able to get the map to reappear by reverting my changes on the image. I see that the map was swapped out with a new map which looks great! The original maps were not amazing as the grid does not line up on them at all. If the dev team is going to continue to remake maps, I would request that they continue making the square walled rooms more effectively fit a grid. If possible, would you maybe consider making maps without visible grids? I am personally moving to that style when possible and prefer it to showing a grid.

Things I have noted with the latest release: The mausoleum map is great except the trap door in the south is supposed to be secret. I ended up taking a screen cap of the floor elsewhere in the room and making a stamp to cover it up which works, but would it be possible to get the mapper to make that map without the trap door and just indicate on the DM map where it is? The entire room is supposed to be a trap and they're supposed to have to search for the exit, but it's pretty obvious the way it is now.

The Fantasy Grounds walls on some of the maps no longer match up to the map or are missing entirely. I have attached a couple of screen shots. As you can see on level 1, the walls are off. I tried selecting all and moving them around, but if I get one place lined up properly, they're off elsewhere.

Something I've noticed working on the maps is that the secret doors are placed as rectangles. Secret doors can be a single line in FG. They don't need to be a door like a regular door. This makes it so you can effectively hide them from the players by making them seamless with the wall.

The walls for level 2, Marthek's Place have disappeared entirely. See attached.

Other requests I'd like to make are DM utility things I like to do.
    1. I like to put a pin in the top left linking the DM map and the Player map so when I'm on one or the other and I close the corresponding map, I can click a link to quickly get to the other map.
    2. Rappan Athuk has so many interlinked maps. It would be amazing if on the DM maps, you could put links where it links to other maps and says something like "To Area 2-1" to have a pin that opens the level 2 DM map. I have been doing that and it helps a lot for me when I'm prepping to know where these maps are going. That way I can quickly pop up the corresponding DM map and click on the room description where they're going. Plus the link from #1 above allows me to pull up the player map and drop tokens on it quickly without having to hunt in the Reference Manual to find the section and then the map.

I would be happy to work with you to improve the module overall if desired. My party went through the Mouth of Doom and are in the last room of the teleportal maze and I'm 99% sure they'll go through the teleporter to take them to the graveyard. So, I'll be starting them off going through the main dungeon with my next session a week from now.

All in all, the Rappan Athuk module is great! This was a giant undertaking to convert it all to FG. My group is having a blast with it and I'm enjoying running it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information