DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to disconnect a session remotely?

I was doing a bit of session prep on my work computer. I had a campaign open and forgot to exit it. Well I'm home now and have a campaign in about 3 hours... But get the error cloud server already exist. Is there way to term that session remotely?

Blog Entries
    So you are asking if you can remotely connect to your computer on a different network, probably behind a firewall and with security in place, and terminate a program that is running? Not unless you know how to hack your network

I would actually reach out to SmiteWorks via the Support link at the top of the forum and see if they can do something. They might be able to disconnect your current session from the cloud host and free the license check, but it will depend on if they have done that before and have the tools in place.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We do not have tools in place to do that, so it's not something we can do. Plus, the server will just re-register itself, after it re-establishes the connection. The server needs to be shut down on the machine it is running on.

Regards,
    JPG

In general, I recommend running games in LAN mode when working on them on other machines to prevent this situation.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    In general, I recommend running games in LAN mode when working on them on other machines to prevent this situation.

Regards,
    JPG
    That is what I normally do, but forgot to do. It wasn't a huge deal. They were able to still connect and I just did a shopping session. I go into work tomorrow so will obviously close it. I was just wondering if there was a way to kill a connection.

Just a note: This sounds like an awesome seed idea for a Shadowrun or Cyberpunk game.

The connections are actually designed to attempt reconnections, due to the more common case of dropped connections, especially on high-latency connections (such as mobile/satellite).

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information