5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

4 to 6 Player Group Looking for 5e DM

I have 4 committed players and 2 more interested that would like to play a weekly 5e game on Saturdays. Most of us are US Eastern Standard Time, a couple from other places.

I think a module w/ starting level 3-4 would be a good spot.

A few rules I'd like a DM to consider: 1) Max HP (no rolling - just level up and move on); 2) Crits = 2x Max damage (make them feel special) [Obviously other aspects of the game / encounters should be scaled to account for this]

Encourage roleplay and voices is a plus

Discord = Demolyen#2814 if you would like to take a run at it.
    Last edited by Demolyen; May 18th, 2023 at 05:31. Reason: Clarification

Reading his post it’s confusing he’s setting rules but asking for a DM. So is he a player who wants to run the game with the DM? In a paid situation I can see that easily working , paid DMs usually will do whatever their clients want (because it’s a paycheck to them).

Don’t know many non paid DMs that want the players directly setting gsme terms off the bat. Including myself. Though I always am open to suggestions by players and we talk and decide together.

But that’s different than a player going “so I want you to use this rule”.

Finally players aren’t nearly in demand as much as DMs are which further emphasizes what I’m talking about.

But anyway nonetheless I hope I’m wrong and a DM jumps in to run a game for this group, just wanted to shared some advice if time goes by without a bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    Reading his post it’s confusing he’s setting rules but asking for a DM. So is he a player who wants to run the game with the DM?
    These are preferences not dictations. I just feel like they make the game more fun.

But in all honesty, I don't find your reply to this posting to be all that helpful or necessary. Particularly your snarky commentary elevating DMs over players. A game needs both. DMs need players just as much as players need a DM.

I'm looking for someone who wants to work with us to create a fun and exciting game, not a prima donna with a superiority complex.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanPeters View Post
    It sounds like you have a good start for a weekly 5e game on Saturdays with a committed group of players. Starting at level 3-4 is a good spot for players to have a bit of experience and not be too fragile, but also not too overpowered. The rules you've set for max HP and crits should help balance the game and make it more consistent.

To encourage roleplay and voices, you could consider incorporating elements of character backstory and personal goals into the campaign, and rewarding players for developing their characters' personalities and interactions with NPCs. You could also consider using voice or video chat during gameplay to help players get into character and make the experience more immersive.

If you're looking for additional players, sharing your Discord username and inviting others to join is a good way to find more interested players. Good luck with your game! spam link removed
    Was this written by AI?
    Last edited by damned; May 20th, 2023 at 03:57.
    From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be the blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king

Quote Originally Posted by Macgreine View Post
    Was this written by AI?
    Yeah, I thought it was weird too. Could also be someone just trying to build up their post count... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolyen View Post
    These are preferences not dictations. I just feel like they make the game more fun.

But in all honesty, I don't find your reply to this posting to be all that helpful or necessary. Particularly your snarky commentary elevating DMs over players. A game needs both. DMs need players just as much as players need a DM.

I'm looking for someone who wants to work with us to create a fun and exciting game, not a prima donna with a superiority complex.

In all honesty you are being over sensitive there’s no superiority.

It’s direct honesty and theres no insults.

It’s factual information based on experience. I’m not gift wrapping it better to accommodate overly sensitive attitudes.

There are more players than DMs this is fact. The implication is DMs are just looking for games like anyone and like anyone else the more info in a post probably garners more attention.

The inclusion of the information is to better word your ad, after you capture the DMs attention then in conversation when you discuss the game you go “so what game are you thinking of?” “What do you think of this (name the optional rule / etc)”

That’s usually how most games are set up from the start.

Have fun.

I think you're missing the point of my response. In any event, the post is devolving into a game of pigeon chess.

Moving on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Macgreine View Post
    Was this written by AI?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolyen View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was weird too. Could also be someone just trying to build up their post count... who knows.
    Just a spammer...

I dont think the poster was elevating DMs above players but rather pointing out that there are significantly more players than DMs.

Thread Information