DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Problem with encumbrance handling in a layered ruleset

After the update that fixed the handling of tables of armor and shields most of my equipment handling problems are solved, one remains however and it puzzles me.

I have layered ruleset on top of Basic Roleplaying. I use it to make it easier to handle the changes and add-ons I have created for Basic Roleplaying for use with my own campaigns. I have overridden CoreRPG/scripts/manager_char_inventory.lua and added my rulesets name.

I have created a mod with a list of items (such as backpacks, bedrolls, sacks etc.) that are missing from Basic Roleplaying but handy for players. This mod works fine in Basic Roleplaying, you can drag and drop from its list and it handle weights properly. You can access the list either directly from the module or from within Items. But when I run it in my layered ruleset all weights are set to zero when dragged to the inventory. I can see this is the campaign db. In Basic Roleplaying it works fine.

My layered ruleset doesn’t override any other item related code and all other item categories (Weapons, armor and shields) works fine. Also, note that this problem is not related to the update to reference_armor and reference_shields. This is related to standard items. Also note that the module loads fine in the layered ruleset.

I’m stuck, its probably something easy that I just can’t see. Any ideas or pointers?

See if your module works in base BRP ruleset to get a baseline.
    Then, probably best to save off a copy of your ruleset; and remove files/sections until you find the section of code that causes it to break. Then, you can narrow in within the section/files.
    That's how I would have to do it, if I was trying to look at anybody else's code.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the tips! and sorry for the late reply.

Thread Information