View Poll Results: Story Entries vs Refman

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Story Entries

22 68.75%
  • Refman

10 31.25%
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I'm sorry Mr. Davison, I didn't realize having and voicing my opinion about your product was considered rude. I didn't think I should have to mince words here Mr. Davison, I was also fully unaware that we need to conduct ourselves so formally Mr. Davison. Where I'm from we cut people's names down all the time. Your screen name is DDavison. So, I used Dave. Not to worry it won't happen again Mr. Davison. As for your moderates I am truly unaware of which you have deemed that I addressed rudely Mr. Davison but would offer my apologies if I knew which offense you accuse me of.

As for your staff Mr. Davison, I will stipulate that I may have gotten a bit passionate about the complete elimination of the tools I used for the last 7 years and that I felt made FG a great product so to them I will also offer an apology.

Perhaps it was the disregard to my opinion or the gaslighting one continued to direct at me on top of that that puts me on the defensive and to that individual I will offer no such apology. But that's here nor there Mr. Davison, the refman and the story entries are not the same, not yet anyway.

As one of your more helpful staff members said there are pro and cons to each Mr. Davison. Sadly, I'm in the camp that the cons out weight the pros for DM's.
    Last edited by Haavok; May 16th, 2023 at 02:59.
    The Skeletons in my closet...
    ...take half damage from piercing weapons.

You have received an infraction at Fantasy Grounds Message Boards
    Dear Haavok,

You have received an infraction at Fantasy Grounds Message Boards.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
    -------
    Your attitude is rude and disrespectful. Pretending to be formal and such does not conceal your disdain and poor attitude.

Your opinion has not been ignored. You were specifically asked to provide constructive feedback. Instead of doing that you replied with snark.

You were warned to take a break until you could be polite. You chose not to do that either and replied by acting like an ***, again.

Take a brake. Cool down. If in a couple days you feel the same way, then take time to put together a polite, and detailed post that actually provides constructive feedback. Give examples of what you can not do with a Ref Man entry that you find valuable in Story Entries.
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

I apologized and got an infraction? Because you were offended for someone else? I still waiting to hear who I offended other than the owner for not using his proper name which I corrected. Just seems like you want to silence my opinion at this point.

Blog Entries
    Everyone has the ability to in effect upvote and downvote posts/posters by way of the icons below each message.
    Dont sweat it - move on. If you can post more specific things that you think are missing from the RefMan that will be useful.

Should have also said, not to worry, I'll head back to my little corner now, I will keep my opinions off your forums and out of your discord.

Blog Entries
    Its not my forum/discord. Im just a community member with a couple of extra responsibilities.
    I didnt give you the infraction - anyone of the many people that read the post could have done it. I was just giving you some context.

Wasn't meant for you Damned, you just happen to get your post in right before me. The infraction tells you who gave it to you so no worries I knew who it was before I even read it. I think a lot of good points have been made by people most of you know way better than me so hopefully more of them will speak up and it all comes together. I'm done, I still have games to run for my players and the last thing I need is to get ban from fantasy grounds or something for my snark.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
    You have received an infraction at Fantasy Grounds Message Boards
    Dear Haavok,

You have received an infraction at Fantasy Grounds Message Boards.

<snip>

I apologized and got an infraction? Because you were offended for someone else? I still waiting to hear who I offended other than the owner for not using his proper name which I corrected. Just seems like you want to silence my opinion at this point.
    That was not an apology. You are well aware of that. And as you know, I'm the one who gave you the infraction. Had I attempted to pretend such was an apology and my mother heard me she would be ashamed of my behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
    <snip>I'm done, I still have games to run for my players and the last thing I need is to get ban from fantasy grounds or something for my snark.
    And you admit it was not a sincere apology.

If you would like to engage in a sincere discussion about my interpretation of your behavior and/or the infraction, I am happy to do so in private messages. If you feel my behavior was inappropriate you are welcome to contact SmiteWorks directly via the Help link; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...stomer/portals

At no time have I intended to try and silence you or keep you from politely expressing your opinion. I encourage you to do so, politely and constructively. I actually have an opinion similar to yours, but I have expressed it politely and have moved on. I feel some of the recent improvements to Ref Man pages are in part due to that feedback I provided.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That was not an apology. You are well aware of that. And as you know, I'm the one who gave you the infraction. Had I attempted to pretend such was an apology and my mother heard me she would be ashamed of my behavior.

And you admit it was not a sincere apology.
    I admit no such thing, I apologized to whom i choose to apologize to. If i were being deceitful, I would not have pointed out it was not an apology to everyone. I do believe most had solid intentions and genuinely care and want a better product. i also believe that some just want to defend their choice and others want to line their pockets. And that's fair, make your money, i have no problem spending on a product that has value to me. The current iteration of the refman has no value to me. The points I made albeit poorly by some standards and thankful more adequately articulated by others have also made have been noted. Some are being worked on. I just think it's unreasonable that we have to wait for it to be worked on when we already had something working. What i will not continue to hear is how my opinion is wrong. it is my opinion, and it is the only one that matters when it comes to my money.

Blog Entries
    Haavok, thank you for responding politely.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sorry for the silly question, but is there a reference web page anywhere which explains the difference between these two approaches? I've not bought any new 5E adventures on FG recently (just bought Wildemount Guide) so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about?

Thanks!

Thread Information