5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New dices

New dices

Dont know if here is the right place to ask it, but could not find it anywhere, and seeing the Artificer and Wizard dice sets made me think.

Do smitework plan to release a set for every class ? If so, can we expect a new one soon ?

Thanks for your time.

Blog Entries
    We weren't planning to make one specifically for a specific class, but we have a list of others we plan to work through. Are there any specific classes you think would work well as a custom dice set?

Blog Entries
    Nature (druid/ranger) would work well.
    Machine/mechanical/gear for something like Eberron and steampunk.
    Sci-fi themed like neon glows, computer chip circuit lines (aka Tron) for future and cyberpunk.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We weren't planning to make one specifically for a specific class, but we have a list of others we plan to work through. Are there any specific classes you think would work well as a custom dice set?
    Oh, not a specific one exactly. To be honest I find the idea of a custom dice set for each class very neat, each with his own unique design. The players of my table all talk about it, would be amazing.

Oh, yea! Special dice for Eberron would be cool. I am tinkering with making an Eberron game with Pathfinder 2e. And some cool mechanical looking dice would be fun.

Any possibility of getting a template for making own dice set? Far as I can tell they are in the Vault.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Any possibility of getting a template for making own dice set? Far as I can tell they are in the Vault.
    Previous response to this (a few months ago) was not at this time. They are being reserved for SW to do and sell.
    I'm sure they need to recoup some of their development costs associated to this feature

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The process is just not reachable by the user at this point. There is a lot more involved in getting those dice into the FG client itself. I won't go into many details, but it's not as easy as setting up an image and it's now a skin for dice.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Wouldn't have assumed so; would need a couple of images for each die to get the proper look, if there is any effects you would to make the animations and guessing they are done with a particle system, might even need to include models of each die and guessing you would need to make models for different dice like Fate Dice and such. Which doesn't include creating the entry for dice selection as well. Coding would include Lua and C# in Unity as well so was just curious, would have liked to experiment with.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

that's a great idea, really. players of my table also talk about, like a dice set for the Bard and all other classes would be an immersive feature to have.

Thread Information