DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Coding for a Weapon that's more effective in one race's hands

Hi Folks,
    I was wondering if there is a way to code a weapon so that if a certain race is using it, it's more effective. For instance, the weapon I want to code in this situation would be a standard +1 warhammer. However, in a dwarf's hands, it's +2 and adds 1d10 radiant damage to giants. The write up for it is:

"You gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls with this weapon. If you are a dwarf, you gain a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls with the weapon, and deal an additional 1d10 radiant damage against giants."

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Nope. Only conditionals available are in regards to the target, not the attacker. But, given that weapons are not usually passed around among characters, it's a change on the actions tab that only needs to happen (usually) once.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

For something like this you'd need to have code attached to the weapon in order to automate it (not just for the race but also for it only to work when the weapon is equipped). This can be done with extensions but just easier to add the relevant effects to the characters action tab, and switch off or remove the effects when it is not being used.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Only conditionals available are in regards to the target, not the attacker.
    IFT is for targets, but IF is for the actor (attacker).

IF: TYPE(dwarf); ATK: +2; DMG: +2 would apply only if the attacker was a dwarf. You'd also need to remove the base ATK: +1; DMG: +1 that a non-dwarf attacker would benefit from.

But, the main issue with using effects is what Zacchaeus mentions - you'd need them applied to a specific weapon.

IF: TYPE(dwarf); ATK: 2; DMG: 2; IFT: TYPE(giant); DMG: 1d10 radiant would work (with the previously mentioned issues). But, I agree, as this is probably a weapon that won't get passed around much, you could handle most of this with action tab changes - the only issue would be handling the extra damage against giants.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 10th, 2023 at 20:39.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

IF: TYPE(dwarf); ATK: +2; DMG: +2 would apply only if the attacker was a dwarf. You'd also need to remove the base ATK: +1; DMG: +1 that a non-dwarf attacker would benefit from.
    Oh yea... I knew that. I just didn't remember

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

But, the main issue with using effects is what Zacchaeus mentions - you'd need them applied to a specific weapon.

IF: TYPE(dwarf); ATK: 2; DMG: 2; IFT: TYPE(giant); DMG: 1d10 radiant would work (with the previously mentioned issues). But, I agree, as this is probably a weapon that won't get passed around much, you could handle most of this with action tab changes - the only issue would be handling the extra damage against giants.
    Thanks Folks. So if I use the Advanced Effects extension, this should work. I would then add the effect for given above. This one may be a long shot but another question, is there a way to have a weapon do more damage against "good aligned" creatures?

Thread Information