5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries

Character Sheet Log Tab and Adventure Tracking

As a caveat, this topic may only be pertinent to Adventurers League players.

Does anybody actually, and most importantly, effectively, use the Log Tab to track adventurers? It seems so limiting, so labor intensive.

If one tries to take advantage of some special formatting that's available, like the paragraph types, links get broken when the character is exported to another campaign ("limiting"). Or one must enter everything into the fields as simple text blocks ("labor intensive").

So maybe I'm missing something here: how do you get around the Log entry shortcomings?
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    Maybe an extension? MNM PLayer Journal or Damned Player Agency might give you better capabilties.

Or use Notes?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Maybe an extension? MNM PLayer Journal or Damned Player Agency might give you better capabilties.

Or use Notes?
    I had considered an extension, but that demands that any or all other DM's that the players take their PCs to, use the extension also. But I'll give these a look, thanks LordEntrails.

And Notes?!? Last time I asked a question about inter-campaign "Note passing" I was thoroughly schooled on their proper use and intent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    .... Or use Notes?
    And Notes?!? Last time I asked a question about inter-campaign "Note passing" I was thoroughly schooled on their proper use and intent.
    Oh my. Sorry LordEntrails, maybe you meant the Notes tab on the Character Sheet?
    It won't do. The fields on the Notes tab only accept text data, not even formatted text. So I'd be a little worse off putting the data there.

Blog Entries
    You're right, I mean notes on the library tab, but forget they don't export. And, no surprise, you are right about character notes too

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information