STAR TREK 2d20

DM LFP [PAID], D&D 5e Monday 7PM EST, Curse of Strahd (with homebrew content)

Game: Dungeons & Dragons 5e Curse of Strahd & Van Richten's Guide with lots of homebrew/re-working
    Time: 7PM EST, sessions to last 3 to 4 hours
    Cost: $10US/session, $30/month paid in advance via Paypal (see below for explanation)
    Fantasy Grounds: I have the ultimate license, so all you need is the free version
    # of Players: No more than 6 preferably, but I will do my best to work with people who come in as a group.

ON COST: The $30/month assumes that we will play on average 3 sessions each month. We may play more, I do not charge extra for additional sessions, I consider it win/win when we get to get together for the game more often.

About Me: DM/GM with 30+ years of experience across a multitude of game systems. I like to think of myself as a story-focused DM. I have very little patience for power gamers, rules lawyers, murder hobos, and the like. Not knocking your preferred play style, enjoy it in good health, just saying that you won't enjoy my games. I often (sometimes spontaneously) go off-script, so the adventure (in this case Curse of Strahd) I'm using is at best a framework, please don't expect a note-by-note use of the existing material.

What is expected from players? To sum it up, cooperation. You are expected to create and play a character that has reasons to cooperate with the group toward common goals. You should also be ready to cooperate with the DM. I am not your opponent, we are cooperating to tell a fun story.

The Game: This is a grim, nasty setting with a lot of material that may bother some people. Additionally I'll be using a corruption mechanic based on older editions of D&D, and PCs who fall into the darkness may be lost to it forever.

CHARACTER CREATION
    *NOTE - if you don't see it listed here, that means it is not available. I absolutely will not allow material from UA, nor any of the Magic the Gathering settings, don't bother asking.

Ability Scores: Standard Array or Point Buy ONLY. No random rolling. You may apply the rule from Tasha's that allows you to place your ability score bonuses from race (if any) where you please.

Backgrounds: You may select official backgrounds from the Players Handbook or Van Richten's Guide

Races: Races may be selected from the Players Handbook, Van Richten's Guide, or Mordenainen's Monsters of the Multi-verse. NOTE HOWEVER that most of the Domains of Dread are humanocentric and often outright xenophobic. Your choice of race WILL affect not only your game abilities, but your roleplay options.

Classes: Classes and subclasses from the Player's Handbook, Tasha's Cauldron, and Xanathar's Guide.

Equipment: You receive equipment and gold as per your character class and background.

If interested, please respond here!

Interested Player for CoS Mondays

Achernar here, I believe 7EST is 4pm PST if I remember correctly? I have Mondays off and work nights so it should never be an issue. I am a forever DM 5 years and want to just enjoy playing for a change! I love using thematic flare to full effect without necessarily changing the mechanical outcome, just mostly for the sake of a cool narrative. I reward that type of narrative engagement but I DO NOT expect other GMs to do so. This will be your game! lol
    I also do not mind giving myself narrative disadvantages either.

I was wondering, if you are starting everyone at level one? I am interested in playing a but want to be able to hide this choice from other players if that is okay. Also are optional class features allowed? and are you counting them as replacements or extras?

Thx a bunch and best to you and yours, Achernar
    Last edited by Achernar Arcturus; May 1st, 2023 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Achernar Arcturus View Post
    Achernar here, I believe 7EST is 4pm PST if I remember correctly? I have Mondays off and work nights so it should never be an issue. I am a forever DM 5 years and want to just enjoy playing for a change! I love using thematic flare to full effect without necessarily changing the mechanical outcome, just mostly for the sake of a cool narrative. I reward that type of narrative engagement but I DO NOT expect other GMs to do so. This will be your game! lol
    I also do not mind giving myself narrative disadvantages either.

I was wondering, if you are starting everyone at level one? I am interested in playing a reborn humanoid but want to be able to hide this choice from other players if that is okay. Also are optional class features allowed? and are you counting them as replacements or extras?

Thx a bunch and best to you and yours, Achernar
    I'd be starting everyone at 1st level, yes. Especially for the early game, I'll be following the structure of the adventure if not all of the specific details. I'm cool with your concept, though obviously having posted it here the other players might catch on 8) I assume you mean their characters though.

I allow the optional class features as written, in fact in the case of the Ranger I require them because I dislike the PHB versions of those features. They all state whether they are replacements or additions.

Quote Originally Posted by WildKnight View Post
    I'd be starting everyone at 1st level, yes. Especially for the early game, I'll be following the structure of the adventure if not all of the specific details. I'm cool with your concept, though obviously having posted it here the other players might catch on 8) I assume you mean their characters though.

I allow the optional class features as written, in fact in the case of the Ranger I require them because I dislike the PHB versions of those features. They all state whether they are replacements or additions.
    Doh! well i edited my post but its fine if they know I guess. its hard to keep something like that hidden for very long anyways. and yes they do say so in there lol my bad I just haven't looked at them in a while.

So just a few more questions; what date would we be starting the game? and how to discord you? Are all classes still on the table? Are their any ideas that you want to try with my character since I chose that one lineage?

Thread Information