FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Chat output

Chat output

Is it possible to have output in the chat so that it is more elaborate?

For example if I roll initiative in D&D I get this. I can make the writing more detailed, but it remains
    a text message and I would like to be able to have a more graphically controlled output instead
    Immagine.png
    FGU ULTIMATE License
    Click here for RPG Music or here for Dwarves songs on Spotify

The format of the chat message structure is documented in the Comm package in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...996644567/Comm

The most you can do is change the icon, change the font/colour for the whole text, add links and assign a frame (edge/background graphics).

To change the frame you need to use the "mode" which needs to be defined in the XML - <chatsettings> in CoreRPG gameelements.xml. A good example of using custom frames is damned's "Sharing is Caring" extension: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/549/view
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ty, as usual.

As far as I can see, it's a free extension, but the code isn't public, right?
    FGU ULTIMATE License

Quote Originally Posted by Xarxus View Post
    As far as I can see, it's a free extension, but the code isn't public, right?
    Correct. I more included it for the screenshots as an example that can be done.

Everything you should need is in my first post.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, there's a "Forum thread" link in the Forge page. Follow that link and the first post of the thread has an example for FGC - whereas it's for FGC, a lot of the code can be used as an example, but make sure you check CoreRPG code for the latest implementations.

Ty Trenloe

I went ahead with my tests on how to format the chat output and built a simple function to display the results of the dice with colors.
    Here is the function.
    Code:
    function onButtonPress()	
    	local rMessage = { sender = "GM", text = "Final result", secret = false, font = "systemfont", diemodifier = 0, 
    		dice = { 
    			{ result = 10, type = "r10" },
    			{ result = 4,  type = "d10" },
    		}
    	}

Comm.deliverChatMessage(rMessage);
    end
    This is the 4d10 output Immagine_d10.png

As you can see I entered 2 red results first, then a normal one, and finally a red result again.

Something is wrong with the writing above the dice, it doesn't group by dice type.
    I think I need to sort the table, right?
    There is a way to customize that writing. For example putting 4d10, regardless of color?

I then decided to make a new test by changing the type of die to 100.
    Also in this case the order is not correct and I think I have to sort the table, but the upper writing is worse than the p
    revious one. It seems to me there is a bug. Am I wrong?

This is the 4d100 output Immagine_d100.png
    FGU ULTIMATE License

Thread Information