FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by enrious View Post
    I tried importing a character from PB2 that used the Shoony ancestry into FG, with the correct FG Module loaded (Extinction Curse AP 3 Player's Resource) but it didn't copy over the Shoony ancestry nor the Amnesiac background (with the Advanced Player Guide source loaded).

Any advice?
    Just letting you know I've seen this, and I'll be taking a look tonight. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

If you could provide the JSON you imported, that would help too.

Quote Originally Posted by enrious View Post
    I tried importing a character from PB2 that used the Shoony ancestry into FG, with the correct FG Module loaded (Extinction Curse AP 3 Player's Resource) but it didn't copy over the Shoony ancestry nor the Amnesiac background (with the Advanced Player Guide source loaded).

Any advice?
    I just published an update that fixes this.

Aaand I just published another version that should fix a similar problem with backgrounds, classes, items, spells, feats, and lookup data

A friend just caused this error in my host console.
    [5/11/2023 5:35:55 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "pathbuilder_import:utility/json_util.lua"]:144: Invalid json syntax starting at position 1: <p /> <p />

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    A friend just caused this error in my host console.
    [5/11/2023 5:35:55 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "pathbuilder_import:utility/json_util.lua"]:144: Invalid json syntax starting at position 1: <p /> <p />
    The JSON they pasted or file they selected wasn't JSON. Looks like it was HTML from what the error is saying.

I'll update the extension to include an error message in the UI for that.

Pushed update 0.6

If the import completely fails due to the invalid JSON, an error dialog will show telling you so
    Fixed an issue where after a successful import on the client, ownership wouldn't be set, and the console would appear on the host

---

Pushed 0.7 which fixes a bug I introduced in 0.6
    Last edited by ThirdSign; May 13th, 2023 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdSign View Post
    I just published an update that fixes this.
    Sorry, got busy but it looks like things are good.

Just for reference, the JSON is:

{"success":true,"build":{"name":"Pugsy The Wobblyeyed","class":"Monk","level":1,"ancestry":"S hoony","heritage":"Aphorite","background":"Amnesia c","alignment":"LN","gender":"Male","age":"Adult", "deity":"Aroden","size":1,"keyability":"wis","lang uages":["Common"],"attributes":{"ancestryhp":6,"classhp":10,"bonush p":0,"bonushpPerLevel":0,"speed":25,"speedBonus":0 },"abilities":{"str":18,"dex":16,"con":14,"int":10 ,"wis":12,"cha":10},"proficiencies":{"classDC":2," perception":2,"fortitude":4,"reflex":4,"will":4,"h eavy":0,"medium":0,"light":0,"unarmored":4,"advanc ed":0,"martial":0,"simple":2,"unarmed":2,"castingA rcane":0,"castingDivine":0,"castingOccult":0,"cast ingPrimal":0,"acrobatics":2,"arcana":0,"athletics" :2,"crafting":0,"deception":0,"diplomacy":0,"intim idation":0,"medicine":0,"nature":0,"occultism":0," performance":0,"religion":0,"society":0,"stealth": 2,"survival":2,"thievery":0},"feats":[["Aphorite",null,"Heritage",1],["Gorilla Stance",null,"Class Feat",1],["Improvisational Defender",null,"Ancestry Feat",1]],"specials":["Darkvision","Low-Light Vision","Flurry of Blows","Powerful Fist","Aphorite"],"lores":[],"equipment":[["Grappling Hook",1],["Flint and Steel",1],["Chalk",10],["Chalk",10],["Flint and Steel",1],["Rations",2],["Smokestick (Lesser)",1],["Waterskin",1],["Dueling Cape",1],["Healer's Tools",1],["Waterskin",1],["Torch",5],["Clothing (Explorer's)",1],["Climbing Kit",1],["Rations",2],["Bedroll",1],["Backpack",2],["Torch",5],["Bedroll",1],["Rope",1],["Soap",1],["Soap",1],["Rope",1]],"specificProficiencies":{"trained":[],"expert":[],"master":[],"legendary":[]},"weapons":[{"name":"Special Unarmed Gorilla Slam","qty":1,"prof":"unarmed","die":"d8","pot":0, "str":"","mat":null,"display":"Special Unarmed Gorilla Slam","runes":[]},{"name":"Dart","qty":10,"prof":"simple","die":"d 4","pot":0,"str":"","mat":null,"display":"Dart (x10)","runes":[]}],"money":{"pp":0,"gp":2,"sp":6,"cp":0},"armor":[],"focus":{"focusPoints":0},"spellCasters":[],"formula":[],"pets":[],"acTotal":{"acProfBonus":5,"acAbilityBonus":3,"ac ItemBonus":0,"acTotal":18}}}

Pathbuilder had an update:
    "Some JSON export improvements"

I'm unsure if this changed anything, just wanted to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Pathbuilder had an update:
    "Some JSON export improvements"

I'm unsure if this changed anything, just wanted to let you know.
    Looks like he added a link to pathmuncher for foundry and added additional ancestry information to the export. Shouldn't effect the importer, but I'll test it this evening after work.

So I tried the importer last night for the first time properly and some issues:

The character Tracker doesn't get populated properly. This leads to inflated ability scores when you try to put that in later. I like having this all filled out to see at a glance where all ability bonuses were spent.
    Backgrounds also don't seem to populate in general and I've had a few issues with the Champion, where additional devotion (focus) spells from feats like Deity's Domain wouldn't be added, nor some choices made from the class features, like the Champion's Cause, or the Divine Ally. Also, all Feats seem to be added as level 1 instead of the level they had been chosen.
    Also not sure why but it randomly added a Bottled Sunlight to the character I was importing instead of a Steel Shield.

Here's a screenshot of some of the issues: pbimport.jpg

The imported JSON was the following:

{"success":true,"build":{"name":"Sakroa (aoa)","class":"Champion","dualClass":null,"level" :3,"ancestry":"Human","heritage":"Tiefling","backg round":"Criminal","alignment":"NG","gender":"Not set","age":"Not set","deity":"Serenrae ","size":2,"keyability":"cha","languages":[],"attributes":{"ancestryhp":8,"classhp":10,"bonush p":0,"bonushpPerLevel":1,"speed":25,"speedBonus ":-5},"abilities":{"str":18,"dex":12,"con":16,"int":1 0,"wis":12,"cha":14,"breakdown":{"ancestryFree":["Str","Con"],"ancestryBoosts":[],"ancestryFlaws":[],"backgroundBoosts":["Dex","Str"],"classBoosts":["Str"],"mapLevelledBoosts":{"1":["Str","Con","Wis","Cha"],"2":["Con"],"3":["Cha"]}}},"proficiencies":{"classDC":2,"perception":2,"f ortitude":4,"reflex":2,"will":4,"heavy":2,"medium" :2,"light":2,"unarmored":2,"advanced":0,"martial": 2,"simple":2,"unarmed":2,"castingArcane":0,"castin gDivine":2,"castingOccult":0,"castingPrimal":0,"ac robatics":0,"arcana":0,"athletics":0,"crafting":0, "deception":0,"diplomacy":4,"intimidation":4,"medi cine":2,"nature":0,"occultism":0,"performance":0," religion":2,"society":0,"stealth":2,"survival":0," thievery":0},"mods":{},"feats":[["Shield Block",null,"Awarded Feat",1],["Experienced Smuggler",null,"Awarded Feat",1],["Fiendish Eyes",null,"Ancestry Feat",1],["Tiefling",null,"Heritage",1],["Natural Ambition",null,"Ancestry Feat",1],["Desperate Prayer",null,"Class Feat",1],["Deity's Domain",null,"Class Feat",1],["Weight of Guilt",null,"Class Feat",2],["Intimidating Glare",null,"Skill Feat",2],["Marshal Dedication",null,"Archetype Feat",2],["Unconventional Weaponry",null,"Ancestry Feat",3],["Toughness",null,"General Feat",3]],"specials":["Glimpse of Redemption","Tenets of Good","Champion's Code","Devotion Spells","Darkvision","Low-Light Vision","Domain: Fire","Redeemer [Neutral Good]","Deific Weapon","Diplomacy","Divine Ally (Shield)","Rhoka Sword","Tiefling"],"lores":[["Underworld",2]],"equipmentContainers":{"fe43ec5e-ba12-4627-a9dd-4c8242e71d67":{"containerName":"Backpack","bagOfHo lding":false,"backpack":true},"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae":{"containerName":"Backpack","bagOfHo lding":false,"backpack":true}},"equipment":[["Backpack",1],["Bedroll",1,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Chalk",10,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Flint and Steel",1,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Rope",1,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Rations",2,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Torch",5,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Waterskin",1,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Soap",1,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"]],"specificProficiencies":{"trained":[],"expert":[],"master":[],"legendary":[]},"weapons":[{"name":"Rhoka Sword","qty":1,"prof":"martial","die":"d8","pot":1 ,"str":"","mat":null,"display":"+1 Rhoka Sword","runes":[],"attack":10,"damageBonus":4,"extraDamage":[]}],"money":{"cp":0,"sp":5,"gp":2,"pp":0},"armor":[{"name":"Full Plate","qty":1,"prof":"heavy","pot":0,"res":"","ma t":null,"display":"Full Plate","worn":true,"runes":[]},{"name":"Steel Shield","qty":1,"prof":"shield","pot":0,"res":""," mat":null,"display":"","worn":true,"runes":[]}],"spellCasters":[],"focusPoints":1,"focus":{"divine":{"cha":{"abilit yBonus":2,"proficiency":2,"itemBonus":0,"focusCant rips":[],"focusSpells":["Lay on Hands"]}}},"formula":[],"acTotal":{"acProfBonus":5,"acAbilityBonus":0,"ac ItemBonus":6,"acTotal":21,"shieldBonus":"2"},"pets ":[],"familiars":[]}}
    Last edited by Montis; June 6th, 2023 at 09:05.

Thread Information