DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Forge item: Pathbuilder Importer

Pathbuilder Importer

Usage

• To open the import window, type /impb in chat.
    • If you have the JSON in your clipboard, paste it into the window here and press Import from JSON
    • If you have the JSON saved as a file, click Import from File

Notes

The importer does its best. Details of the import are displayed in the righthand list.

This list will show you what was imported, what wasn't, and what things were imported to.
    For example, in Pathbuilder, Clothing - Explorer's is Clothing (Explorer's). This translation will be noted in the details window.

What's imported

We try to import everything in the JSON file, however the following considerations are made:

• Notes aren't exported from pathbuilder, so they aren't imported
    • Height and Weight aren't available in pathbuilder
    • Duplicate spells in the same spell slot are only imported once
    • Duplicate spells in different slots are imported
    • Classes from Troubles in Otari Player's Resource aren't imported (They're not full classes)
    • Special abilities are often handled by FGU automation. You may see something like "Divine Spellcasting not found" in the import details, but it will still be available on the character sheet because adding the Cleric class handled that part of the import

Updating existing characters
    If the "Update existing?" checkbox is checked, the importer will find a character matching the name in the incoming JSON and update it.
    When updating a character, the following imports are not performed:

• Class
    • The entire inventory
    • PP, GP, SP, CP
    • Ancestry
    • Heritage
    • Name
    • Background
    • Armor
    • Weapons

store: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1187/view

Source: joshleblanc/fg_pathbuilder_import (github.com)

Support me: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/jleblanc

Special thanks to fastchoker for starting this project

Changelog:

Version 0.13

* Rewrote characteristic importing
    * The chargen tracker now properly displays all selected boosts after the import

Note: This version depends on exports from pathbuilder v68 and newer

Version 0.12

* Support PFRPG2-Legacy

Version 0.11

* Fixed an issue where oracle mysteries wouldn't import at all
    * Fixed an issue where an animal instinct barbarian's animal wouldn't import correctly (eg. Cat being imported as the Catfolk heritage)
    * Fixed an issue where animal instinct abilities wouldn't get imported correctly (eg. Bestial Rage being imported as Bestial Rage - Ape)
    * Fixed an issue where investigator methodologies weren't imported
    * Fixed an issue where rogue rackets weren't imported
    * Fixed an issue where draconic class features (eg. Brine, Black, Copper etc) would be imported as nonsense
    * Fixed an issue where element class features (eg. Air, Fire, Water, etc) would be imported as nonsense
    * Fixed an issue where swashbuckler styles weren't imported

Version 0.10

* Fixed an issue where characteristics could import before ancestry/background/heritage, causing stats to double up.

Version 0.9

* Fixed an issue where witch patrons wouldn't import

Version 0.8

* Fixed an issue where backgrounds would never import
    * Fixed an issue where some items would be imported as a random item
    * Fixed an issue preventing anything with square brackets from importing
    * Changed the way "specials" are imported - should improve FGU automation application

Version 0.7

* Fixed an issue where the import wouldn't import anything
    * Added a dialog when the client initiates an import so they know something is happening

Version 0.6

* Fixed an issue where an error would appear on the host and the owner would fail to set when a client was importing a character
    * Added a dialog when imports fail due to invalid json

Version 0.5

* Added support for additional lookup paths for backgrounds, classes, items, spells, feats, and lookup data

Version 0.4

* Added support for additional lookup paths for ancestries

Version 0.3

* Fixed an issue where only hosts could import characters
    Last edited by ThirdSign; January 3rd, 2024 at 16:39.

Very nice, looking forward to giving this a try.
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

This. Is. Amazing.

My players have been screaming for something like this since we all use Pathbuilder, but unfortunately, the command /impb doesn't work. Any way to verify this is in fact running/present in the system other than the Forge subscription?

Thanks in advance!

ChipDancer

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDancer View Post
    My players have been screaming for something like this since we all use Pathbuilder, but unfortunately, the command /impb doesn't work. Any way to verify this is in fact running/present in the system other than the Forge subscription?

Thanks in advance!

ChipDancer
    You should see Pathbuilder Importer v0.2 in the chat in red when initially loading the campaign.

Screenshot 2023-05-05 131642.png

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDancer View Post

Thanks in advance!

ChipDancer
    You have to enable the extension (Feature: Pathbuilder Import) before loading the campaign (should only be needed once). Then after loading the campaign there should be a line in the chatlog that says something like "Pathbuilder importer v0.2".
    It worked quite well for me.

@ThirdSign: I'm not sure it's possible, but can you look into importing characters via ID? That would save quite a bit of hassle for people that build their characters on the mobile app Although I'm unsure if FG can access external URL resources.

It works great for me. I mean, sure the ID thing would be great. But copying and pasting the text wasn't a big deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    You have to enable the extension (Feature: Pathbuilder Import) before loading the campaign (should only be needed once). Then after loading the campaign there should be a line in the chatlog that says something like "Pathbuilder importer v0.2".
    It worked quite well for me.

@ThirdSign: I'm not sure it's possible, but can you look into importing characters via ID? That would save quite a bit of hassle for people that build their characters on the mobile app Although I'm unsure if FG can access external URL resources.
    No, however if the mobile app provides the JSON ID, then you can go to https://pathbuilder2e.com/json.php?id=<THE ID> to get it on your computer.

Thread Information