DICE PACKS BUNDLE

EffectManager.setCustomOnEffectAddEnd callback isue

I've noticed a issue (and I am not sure when it started) but the nodeTargetEffect returns nil for clients but works for host.

Code:
    EffectManager.setCustomOnEffectAddEnd(adndOnEffectAddEnd);

function adndOnEffectAddEnd(nodeTargetEffect, rNewEffect)
      Debug.chat("adndOnEffectAddEnd",nodeTargetEffect, rNewEffect)

nodeTargetEffect returns nil if it's a client but not as host.

Note the effect added I am looking for a callback is "EffectManager.addEffect("", "", ActorManager.getCTNode(rSource), { sName = sDisplacementTag, sLabel = sDisplacementTag, nDuration = 1, sUnits = "minute", nGMOnly = 1, }, false);" run by the character to apply an effect on the character by the player.

I am pretty sure this used to work but I could be wrong... am I missing something?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The player client does not have ownership of any CT data; so it can not add data to the CT nodes directly. That's why the ActionEffect script routes effect actions to the host machine; and any direct applications only occur on the host. You'll have to route any effect adding requests to the host using EffectManager.notifyApply(rEffect, sTargetCT)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The player client does not have ownership of any CT data; so it can not add data to the CT nodes directly. That's why the ActionEffect script routes effect actions to the host machine; and any direct applications only occur on the host. You'll have to route any effect adding requests to the host using EffectManager.notifyApply(rEffect, sTargetCT)

Regards,
    JPG
    That got it, thanks ! I didnt consider access to the CT node, was just thinking of the user being able to add an effect to themselves.
    Last edited by celestian; April 27th, 2023 at 19:29.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information