STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    It would be nice if we could load the Remastered ruleset, then simply "errata" the creature names, spell names, etc, (manually if necessary) rather than buying the new books.
    Unless Paizo have changed their plans, this is completely what you should be able to do. Although you'd need to make a copy of the original record and make the changes there (unless we break with convention and make the base record editable in a campaign). We'll probably look at some of the key differences and see if we can automate them - the main one being converting alignment traits.

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    Though Rage of Elements is coming out soon and it uses the Remastered ruleset I guess?
    Pretty much, it has a sidebar that gives details of how to use it with Core Rules, Bestiary, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Any updated comments now that they've released the Remaster Core Preview? Looks like a fair amount of small changes will be needed to the ruleset: lifting the 3 focus cap, changing the layout of spells, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Any updated comments now that they've released the Remaster Core Preview? Looks like a fair amount of small changes will be needed to the ruleset: lifting the 3 focus cap, changing the layout of spells, etc.
    Someone from Paizo said that the 3 focus point cap is not changing, even though it might seem like that based on the preview. A more significant change about focus spells is, that you can refocus multiple times in a row to regain more than 1 focus point if your focus pool is larger.

Quote Originally Posted by myyra View Post
    Someone from Paizo said that the 3 focus point cap is not changing, even though it might seem like that based on the preview. A more significant change about focus spells is, that you can refocus multiple times in a row to regain more than 1 focus point if your focus pool is larger.
    Also even if it was, I'm pretty sure there's no focus point cap hardcoded into the rules. FG will let you give a character more than 3 focus points if you want.

So Demiplane and Foundry are reporting that if you own the previous corebooks, you get the new core options for free (so essentially as an errata as opposed to a new ruleset or such). There might be some nuances I didn't pick up on though. Any word yet on how FG will handle it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    So Demiplane and Foundry are reporting that if you own the previous corebooks, you get the new core options for free (so essentially as an errata as opposed to a new ruleset or such). There might be some nuances I didn't pick up on though. Any word yet on how FG will handle it yet?
    The Fantasy Grounds PFRPG2 ruleset will be upgraded for free, or you can keep playing "legacy" (my term, not Paizo's) - see previous posts in this thread for details of that. Exactly what happens to the Paizo official products has yet to be nailed down.

Foundry don't have the Core Rules, or any of the other rulebooks for that matter, as purchasable official Paizo content - it's all OGL content. Assuming the Foundry "free" upgrade is providing ORC content, nothing's really changed as far as Foundry base Paizo content is concerned - they're providing a free upgrade to a free product.

Demiplane is a different case and worth investigating.

As far as we know, Paizo aren't offering any free upgrades for their new Core products in PDF or print form, and the current Paizo/FG license agreement is tied to those products. We've reached out to Paizo for clarification around a few things involving the Remaster products and to get their feedback on the process. It's early days yet - the Player Core and GM Core books aren't out until mid-November.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh, I'm sure there will be more changes coming down the pike before November... It seems the Paizo strategy keep shifting with the winds... Not that I blame them, they're just responding to market pressure... Thank you much...

Some updated information available in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...master-project

Thread Information