DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Personally, I'm hoping it will be along the lines that @Xargun is thinking; but we won't know for sure until we get the updated materials. We're working with @Trenloe to figure out what the best path will be; but we're all going to wait until the updated materials are released so we can truly understand the level of change and what that means for the product line.

Regards,
    JPG

I am SO excited about this whole thing.
    I watched the Twitch video. And I read the blog about it.
    Jason stressed that this is not a new edition (after less than 4 years). It is a living game, and they're taking a pit stop to clean up things due to player feedback, include errata, and yes, completely divorce from the OGL.
    I'm stoked about splitting the books up into player and GM for the first time since 2009. With magic items going back into the GM book where they belong.
    This is a smooth move on Paizo's part. It might be a little bumpy while they transition over to ORC from OGL. But I, for one, couldn't be more jazzed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sorry. Being realistic that's not going to happen from an official product release standpoint. A community developer is welcome to take on any OGL aspects of it if they wish. What is it that you *really* want from the Gamemastery guide?
    Mostly the Chapter 4 Variant Rules.

There'll be a crossover for some products - existing Adventures and many Lost Omens guides will still be valid in PF2 Remastered. I'm sure there'll be little things to change - there'll more then likely be a conversions document produced to give guidelines.
    I’m just hoping it will be as simple as starting a campaign and choosing to use the 2E ruleset, and not between the 2E or 2.5E ruleset.

Sorry. Being realistic that's not going to happen from an official product release standpoint. A community developer is welcome to take on any OGL aspects of it if they wish. What is it that you *really* want from the Gamemastery guide?
    The biggest request from me would be the "ability boosts each level" rules. Doing it manually currently is pretty janky, and my players frequently forget to apply it since the tracker doesn't remind them.

If I could wish for anything from GMG it would be that. But if I could wish for two things, the other would be some kind of implementation of Automatic Bonus Progression. Even if it was just for weapons and armor, since I know skills would be messy to implement. Heck, even if it was just for weapons. Several of my players like to constantly grab new weapons, and having to keep remembering to add the ABP bonuses is a pain. Something that just automatically set the item bonus and added the extra damage dice when a weapon is added to the character would be amazing.

So the way I see this shaking out is that while the new books are released, the old books are still updated, or rather: will receive errata so that they contain the same rules as the new Core books. Which is to say: apart from the new spells, items and other content, the rules should end up exactly the same and you don't necessarily need to buy the new Core line of books. At least that's what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    So the way I see this shaking out is that while the new books are released, the old books are still updated, or rather: will receive errata so that they contain the same rules as the new Core books. Which is to say: apart from the new spells, items and other content, the rules should end up exactly the same and you don't necessarily need to buy the new Core line of books. At least that's what I think.
    The remastered rules will be available through the Archives of Nethys website.

The first Paizo blog about this has an FAQ where it states: "We will not be updating PDFs of legacy products with the updated rules."

I haven't read/heard that Paizo plan to update the existing released material to match the remastered material. In the first Twitch they (Jason Bulmahn and Logan Bonner) said that the current (4th printing) of the Core Rules won't be reprinted, and that all they really could see was an overview document of the change - they didn't think they'd release a "conversion guide". Obviously plans can change, and the community can put their version of conversion/errata together. But, from what I've read/heard, I don't expect to see the PF2 legacy products being updated/errata'd to bring the rules from those products in line with the remastered project rules. Like I say, all of this could change - especially with feedback from the community, but I'd imagine that if you want to use the remastered project rules you'll have to use data from the Archives of Nethys or from the new products.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The first Paizo blog about this has an FAQ where it states: "We will not be updating PDFs of legacy products with the updated rules."
    So far, most of the errata for the books have coincided with new print runs which also made updates to the PDFs. However there have been a small amount of errata that did not go hand in hand with that. My post above was me speculating that there will be errata for the old books but I meant that they would just be online on a website, without Paizo actually updating the PDFs (and definitely not the books).

So that is my hypothesis. Just a list of errata for the previous books released alongside with the new Core books, but no updates to the PDFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    So far, most of the errata for the books have coincided with new print runs which also made updates to the PDFs. However there have been a small amount of errata that did not go hand in hand with that. My post above was me speculating that there will be errata for the old books but I meant that they would just be online on a website, without Paizo actually updating the PDFs (and definitely not the books).

So that is my hypothesis. Just a list of errata for the previous books released alongside with the new Core books, but no updates to the PDFs.
    Your main statement from previously that I don't think will happen is "...the rules should end up exactly the same..." From what I've been hearing I highly doubt this. I hope they do end up the same (selfishly, from a ruleset update standpoint) but I don't think that's going to happen.

Paizo have already started bandying around the term "legacy" and I think the legacy stuff will remain legacy - for those who don't want to move to the remastered project material, to differentiate between the two branches and also to reduce the update load on Paizo going forward.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Paizo, like WOTC, are wanting to release a new edition without calling it a new edition.

I don’t mind a new edition.

I don’t like being told everything will be backwards compatible when, from what I have seen, it clearly won’t.

Thread Information