STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Second Edition Remastered

Paizo announced that while they're republishing books under the ORC license, they're making some minor changes to the material in the core books. Some OGL-only creatures, spells, and items will not be returning in the new books. Also some material is getting moved to another book.

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...master-Project

My interest is in just how much of a headache will this be for FG users.
    Last edited by Gwaihir Scout; April 26th, 2023 at 18:20.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

I'm watching with interest...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I don't think it will be much of a pain at all, since the old books will still have that material and still be legal. The only thing that could be a slight pain is that they are removing Alignment from the system, but even that change is intended to be backwards-compatible from what I've heard.

Of course, I have no idea how the new license affects Fantasy Grounds.

Any chance we will get the Gamemastry Guide before all these changes happen next fall?

Quote Originally Posted by danman71 View Post
    Any chance we will get the Gamemastry Guide before all these changes happen next fall?
    I think with these changes including data from the Gamesmastery guide that it pretty much means we won't be converting the "old" Gamesmastery guide. All subject to exactly what content is in which product and what coding in the ruleset is required, so that's purely conjecture at this point.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It might be too early to know, but is there any indication of whether existing purchases will be converted to these new versions, or if an additional purchase (hopefully at a discount) will be required?

The combination of shuffling and removal of material means they (probably) can't simply convert the old modules to the new ones, and the new heritage and changes that go beyond simple errata are significant enough that I doubt I'll be able to ignore them, either. It's a headache, all right. Hopefully the team will come up with a good solution.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

As someone who has recently dropped several hundred dollars in PDF's from Paizo and modules from FG to run PF2E and Starfinder, I'm definitely feeling a little bit of buyer's remorse. I know that my purchases are still good, and the new books won't invalidate the old, but it stings a bit to know that I'm probably going to want to turn around rebuy many of the core books in a year or so. My only hope is that the changes will also be published as Errata that FG can incorporate into the existing modules, but I know that is unlikely. Not exactly mad, just... Bummed because I don't feel as good about my purchases as I did at first.

I just dropped $200 on 2E on FG.

I’ll stick with 2E.

It's still 2E just a big Errata and reorganization of content. Unclear what that means for FG modules.

Thread Information