STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Thanks, that worked!

We just started using this, I was running homebrew Nation rules in Fantasy Grounds, but really wanted to use Pathfinder, but I thought a little too complicated until they came out with Kingmaker. I will report any bugs and ideas as we go through it here.

Very Minor, it would be better if Civic actions (red) came after Nation actions (green) in the Nation Data Action tab, that way the order matches to order flow of the Nation Turn window. Currently Civic Actions are at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Miloh View Post
    Thanks, that worked!

We just started using this, I was running homebrew Nation rules in Fantasy Grounds, but really wanted to use Pathfinder, but I thought a little too complicated until they came out with Kingmaker. I will report any bugs and ideas as we go through it here.

Very Minor, it would be better if Civic actions (red) came after Nation actions (green) in the Nation Data Action tab, that way the order matches to order flow of the Nation Turn window. Currently Civic Actions are at the top.
    Glad its working for you, thanks for the feedback.

The Nation Data/ Action tab is intentional setup "unfiltered".

Try adding a new nation action under any of the Nation Turn phases -
    you will notice, any new action "disappears", soon as you add it.

If you then go to the Nation Data : Actions tab; you will see (the new action) directly "on top".

After you assign a category, then shows up under the appropriate Nation Turn tab.

Hopefully that makes sense -- let me know if any other questions or issues come up.

It does, thanks. This extension is really going to help me. We have been playing a nation building game for over 10 years with 1/month play. I have a lot of data to add.......

Other than recording on a map placed in one of the image windows, is there any way to record the building of farms, mines, lumberyards, etc. that are out in a hex and not in a settlement?

I have created my players kingdom. I adjusted their nation level to 9 in the Main Tab (by entering 9 in the level field), and their Size to 11 (by entering 11 in the Size field) because that is how many hexes they control.

When I go to the Nation Data Building tab and add Brewery as a Civic Action it adds it to the "Construction in Progress" list on the Civic Tab. (makes sense)

On the Civic Action line for Brewery is say the Check DC is 16.
    On the Civic Action section below it for "Build Structure" it has a DC of 27 when I roll it.

Which DC is correct?

This extension is REALLY helping me. Been able to convert my players kingdom and it does 80% of the work for me. I'm running into a couple hurdles, and not sure if I'm missing something, or if this is a Wish List item.

How to record things like Farms, Mines, etc, that are in hexes without a settlement? I feel another tab on the Kingdom summary, or maybe another field in the "Inventory" tab would be a great help.

Other than recording on a map placed in one of the image windows, is there any way to record the building of farms, mines, lumberyards, etc. that are out in a hex and not in a settlement?
    Good question - it is important to somehow track the farms and work sites, as they contribute to monthly resource "income and expenses".

I track these "indirectly" using the COMMODITIES section of the main sheet. Simply increase the values in the "Monthly Income" column to account for new farms, work sites, resources... etc.
    When the "next turn" button is pressed, it will use the updated values and add the resources to the "Stored Goods" column (up to the relative "Storage Limit")

** will look at adding a feature to track work sites, resources, etc. as a "list", for possible future update.

I have created my players kingdom. I adjusted their nation level to 9 in the Main Tab (by entering 9 in the level field), and their Size to 11 (by entering 11 in the Size field) because that is how many hexes they control.

When I go to the Nation Data Building tab and add Brewery as a Civic Action it adds it to the "Construction in Progress" list on the Civic Tab. (makes sense)

On the Civic Action line for Brewery is say the Check DC is 16.
    On the Civic Action section below it for "Build Structure" it has a DC of 27 when I roll it.

Which DC is correct?
    some suggestions -

LEVEL(ing) up
    first, while you can manually adjust the level (as GM) -- a better approach would be to increase the XP to over 1000xp first.
    that will active a "(+)" green button next to the current level field.
    click that to "level up"; it will subtract 1000xp and add the feature(s)/feat(s) for level gained.
    repeat that until they are up to the desired level.

Constructing buildings / CIVIC DCs
    The short answer is, open the "record" in the Civic tab (as GM) ... and it should automatically correct the DC.

(long version)
    The DC for all actions defaults to the Nations DC, which varies with level, size, etc.

However, the DC of buildings is static and never increases.
    When the record is opened, it does a few checks;
    1. checks the related/required skill(s)
    a. if it is not "trained" then, it changes the "skill" and "bonus" fields to "untrained" and "0"
    b. otherwise, it updates it with the related skill bonus
    2. It looks up the correct DC and updates the DC field for the structure.

As GM you can also edit the "paid resources" section for situations like repairing a building or restoring a ruin -
    or even simply set them all to the "required amounts", to quickly add buildings to a new town.

After each edit, it will check the requirements (resources, location added) before enabling the "complete construction" button.
    clicking it will delete it from the CIVIC tab list and add it to the Main Sheet / Inventory tab - then update the related settlement.

oh and to correct the situation from manually setting level from 1 -> 9

simply ;

set level back to (1)
    add 8000 XP
    (might need to close/re-open the main sheet)

click the "(+)" level up button to use the automation.

The effects of nation Size is updated dynamically, so changing that does no harm.
    When entering an existing nation, simply set it directly to the current number of hexes.
    (the number of hexes basically only impacts the nations DC and resource dice)

Thread Information