FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Here's a few examples of text that proves and issue, all because of the & :
    • Survival Instincts 2, in an environment that you were bought up in add +1 armour & evade.
    • Scientists & Academics only.
    • melee attack on smaller beings +2 wounds & cause weakness
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok checking for that I know there sre some in one campaign.

Been through every table - removed a handfull of & and many apostrophies but none were 'in code' only description. Reloaded and we're back to the parsing entityName, Line 1. position 969.

Not sure what you mean by "in code", but anyway... You're always going to get the error at line 1 and a position within that line - because what's constructed from the story template is combined into one big single line of text before being loaded to the story entry - it's adding to the entry where the XML is checked. So there's still something within all of those tables used to generate the story that's causing invalid XML.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Download the attached extension - it has some debug code in it that will help to identify what causes an error. Install this .ext file in your <FG app data>\extensions directory and enable the "Story Template Debug" (restart FG if you can't see it in the extensions list).

Then follow the instructions in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cjeam4uyp...Debug.mp4?dl=0
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok I'll do a line by line check

I think we've cracked it no more & i'd still missed two in sub tables. I'll try the debug on the other campaign. Ty.
    Last edited by Garethpr; April 18th, 2023 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Garethpr View Post
    Ok I'll do a line by line check
    See my last post above - posted at the same time as you so you may have missed it.

Thread Information