FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Formatted Text Error

Hi I frequently get this error while using the generate story feature
    FGU is up to date - ruleset Morecore
    [ERROR] FormattedText SetValue XML Error: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 1408.
    always line 1. The position where the error is said to occur changes every time and this is happening for about 60% of generations.
    I don't know which file this error is occuring in - I'm assuming its FGU base and I don't have access to the code.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance. G

Blog Entries
    MOD: I've moved this to a new thread and in the MoreCore sub-forum. Please post bugs and issues in new threads unless your issue is exactly the same as the previous thread.

Does this happen with no extensions enabled? Can you please post the log via? (See link in my signature for more help on how to do that.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I couldn't see a way to make a new thread - also that was the only thing that came up in the search for formatted text error. yes there are extensions enabled is there a file that I can just print out or do i have to type them all out by hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Garethpr View Post
    I couldn't see a way to make a new thread - also that was the only thing that came up in the search for formatted text error. yes there are extensions enabled is there a file that I can just print out or do i have to type them all out by hand?
    You can compile log files by going into settings and go into the troubleshooting tab; and hit the button. But first test in a new campaign without extensions to see if you can replicate the error there. If you can't then it is likely an extension that is causing the issue. Enable them one at a time until you can replicate the error and the last extension you enabled will be the problem.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Logs

Here's the logs It'll take some time to find out if any other mod is effecting things as it only happens about 60% of the time.

G
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll need to get a copy of the zipped up campaign file along with the name of any Story Templates that generates that error.

Regards,
    JPG

logs attached

I'm about a 1/4 of the way removing 1 mod at a time.
    These 4 character generators only the name tables are different 2 random and 2 pregen christian nasmes. same effect both tables.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

all mods checked no change and all removed same problem. 43% error rate.

G

As I mentioned above, you'll need to post the campaign folder zipped up, with notes to which story templates are failing.

The original story templates behavior was written by @JimSocks; so we'll have to send the data to him to see what is happening.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garethpr View Post
    Hi I frequently get this error while using the generate story feature
    FGU is up to date - ruleset Morecore
    [ERROR] FormattedText SetValue XML Error: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 1408.
    always line 1. The position where the error is said to occur changes every time and this is happening for about 60% of generations.
    I don't know which file this error is occuring in - I'm assuming its FGU base and I don't have access to the code.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance. G
    Hey Garethpr I dont make any changes to Story or Story Templates directly but sometimes I have used a duplicate template name somewhere that messes things up. Can you share the campaigns db.xml file and steps to reproduce? Ill test it in CoreRPG so we can work out whether its my issue or CoreRPG.

Thread Information