DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

QU penalty not correctly refelected in Defensive Bonus

Hi

Have just noticed that there seems to be a problem with how items that have a defined QU penalty are reflected in the Defensive Bonus calculation (COMBAT tab of character sheet). This appears to be the same regardless of the items chosen, as long as the item has a QU penatly, the amount actually shown under Defensive Bonus QU Pen is reduced by 15 (or more in some cases).

The screen shot below shows a new character with QU 90 (common man), so with a QU bonus of +10.
    Whilst wearing Breastplate (AT 17), the QU penalty of -10 from that Breastplate should reduce his STAT bonus from +10 to be 0 so that total DB is 0. However it shows QU Pen as 0, and the stat bonus remains.
    Capture.JPG

If I equip Full Plate instead, which has a QU penalty of -40, I would expect the stat to be reduced to 0 (and it is), however the QU penalty is shown as only -25 and therefore the stat is reduced to 0 because of the -25 and not the -40. I know this is the case, because if I change his QU to be 110 (+35 QU bonus), then the stat remains as +10 even whilst wearing normal full plate (-40 QU penalty).
    Capture2.JPG

Not sure why or what I might have missed in trying to set things up (or whether this changed a while ago and I just missed it).

Appreciate any help or guidance please....

PS. No extensions running, FGU updated to latest version.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    I've had a look and get the same issue. Equipped a PC with +21 Qu stat bonus with AT18 (should be -20 Qu but this doesn't show on the combat tab, though the MM penalties do). Have tested in combat and the full +21 Qu bonus pulls through without the penalty.

Thanks. I will look into it.

I added a breastplate to a character and I saw the reduction in Quickness appropriately. Try removing the breastplate the character has in his inventory and drag a new one into his inventory from the Items menu. That may reset it so it calculates correctly.

Is it taking into account a Character’s Strength Bonus that offsets QU penalties automatically?

based off the differences in ATs you posted, it looks like the PC has a +15 Strength bonus(wiping out the -10 QU penalty of AT17 but reducing the higher -40 Penalty of AT20 down to -25).

Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    Is it taking into account a Character’s Strength Bonus that offsets QU penalties automatically?

based off the differences in ATs you posted, it looks like the PC has a +15 Strength bonus(wiping out the -10 QU penalty of AT17 but reducing the higher -40 Penalty of AT20 down to -25).
    Sorry but I do not remember that rule - can you point me in the direction of where that is stated? it might be the issue but everything I have read in the standard rules says nothing about ST offsetting QU penalties.

Thanks

I just did some testing and I can't replicate the issue. Could I get a copy of one of a campaign with the issue and the steps to recreate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post

This!! That'll teach me to try and replicate issues with my players' characters (damned Skill at Arms BG table mean they're almost all superhuman in terms of strength!!). Apologies.

Where is that rule found please?

Page 142 of RMC Character Law:

Strength Stat Bonus: Once a character
    has determined his encumbrance
    penalty, his Strength stat bonus may
    be used to cancel all or part of this
    penalty. If this Strength stat bonus is
    greater than his encumbrance penalty,
    the difference may be used to cancel
    all of part of the character’s armor
    Quickness penalty.

I don't remember it being a thing in Spacemaster, which is likely why I'd overlooked it (well, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!! ).

Thread Information