FG Spreadshirt Swag

Isometric grids not really taking height label into account for measuring

Hi

Ruleset: 3.5E

1. As in the title, I currently play with isometric grids and maps, and I know that isometric tokens are not really supported as reported here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-and-pointers

But I think I found something new regarding the measuring: The newer height label is not really taken into account when calculating the distance (see the screenshot); the distance is changed sometimes when changing the height, but if I change further then it may take a lot of height until the distance is updated (and then the shown distance is much too low)

2. As a side effect, the distance arrow is not properly drawn between the borders of the occupied spaces

3. The raw distance measure is also not properly working, I think. I think it is "raw" in sense of "no code adjustments", but it is not raw in sense of being "Euclidean measure where the two axes are viewed as x- and y-axis" (so, in the sense of that going parallel along the axes gives for example proper values of multiples of 5 feet, which does not happen right now). I hope you know what I mean But I honestly do not expect that you fix that and try to do that calculation. Just for completeness I mention it

I also know that isometric stuff is not so highly supported because of the lack of demand, but I just want to throw in that the demand may just not be as high because of the lack of support; people do not expect it to work well, so they do not try it out (also combined with the lack of assets e.g. in the art subscription) But a better support may change that *rolls persuasion* I hope that fixing the height is at least not so difficult Thank you

Kel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 8th, 2023 at 10:40.

Hi

I wanted to ask whether my post got read, so will be there a fix for the height label for isometric grids, or should I not hope for it so soon? I can understand that priorities lie somewhere else of course I just wonder whether I write an extension adjusting certain isometric grid thingies like the height adjustment of distance measures

Best

Kel

I did read it, but I haven't had a chance to investigate the issue yet. It might be a couple weeks yet before I can investigate, and any fix would come after that. I'm looking at a very small client update mid next week; but that is probably not enough time (though I'll try to at least see what the issue is, and fix if something quick).

I do know that ISO distance calculations do not do all the large creature calculations (only single unit calculations), so that may not be something I can fix quickly if that's the issue (i.e. large tokens).

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I did read it, but I haven't had a chance to investigate the issue yet. It might be a couple weeks yet before I can investigate, and any fix would come after that. I'm looking at a very small client update mid next week; but that is probably not enough time (though I'll try to at least see what the issue is, and fix if something quick).

I do know that ISO distance calculations do not do all the large creature calculations (only single unit calculations), so that may not be something I can fix quickly if that's the issue (i.e. large tokens).

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the answer I appreciate any fix, but I can understand of course if it takes longer

I think the height label issue is not related to large tokens, but I can test again later

The latest beta Test version fixes the height calculation issue. The arrow length and raw distance is something I need to escalate to Carl who is working on other projects (i.e. webm/webp and others); so I've filed tickets for now.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The latest beta Test version fixes the height calculation issue. The arrow length and raw distance is something I need to escalate to Carl who is working on other projects (i.e. webm/webp and others); so I've filed tickets for now.

Regards,
    JPG
    nice, thank you very much I will take a look once I can

Thread Information