5E Character Create Playlist

Seen D&D Honor Among Thieves?

Saw it on Sunday. It was a decent movie I thought. Far better than that D&D movie they made in the 80s. I don’t have too much to add I just felt of anyone was afraid it wouldn’t at least be better than the previous attempts, I’m confident in say you can relax because it is.

They went the more comedic route but I think it was wise. Sure maybe other enthusiasts like us would appreciate a more serious tone but for mass appeal you must have humor in a D&D film.

As long as you are ok with all that you should enjoy it . It’s not blockbuster it’s not five star for me LotR is still a much finer fantasy film , but it didn’t suck…IMO.

I saw it as well. I thought it was okay and definitely worth going to see, especially for the references to the Forgotten Realms.

The biggest issue I had as a current DM was looking at the spells and the characters and going....they can't do that, what is that spell, etc. My wife was like, just enjoy the movie for what it is nerd. LOL

Lol I said the same thing. I saw it with my brother and three of his kids, non of the kids are into TTRPG. So my 22 year old nephew who sat next to me just thought his uncle was a big nerd.

(The 22 year old is a sports fanatic and a console gamer — he said enjoyed the movie though)

2023 movie is awesome! The three prior D&D movies are good. The first one in 2000 was special because there WAS a D&D movie! Give it some slack.

I cannot wait until the 2023 D&D movie is available on 4K Bluray.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    Saw it on Sunday. It was a decent movie I thought. Far better than that D&D movie they made in the 80s.
    ...I get it that it was a long, long time ago (23 years ago, to be precise), but "that D&D movie" was made in 2000 and there are no other D&D movies made before that

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    ...I get it that it was a long, long time ago (23 years ago, to be precise), but "that D&D movie" was made in 2000 and there are no other D&D movies made before that
    Ok cool you cared to look it up, the movie was terrible, 2000 , 1980 see wasn’t even worth it to my brain to remember the right date.

Actually I got confused with a maze and monsters film. (That was a sarcastic joke btw)

I enjoyed it. Was pleasantly surprised.
    The things I didn't like, I already knew I wouldn't like. Like that the film wasn't nearly gritty enough (e.g. Game of Thrones cinematography). Everyone looked like they showered a lot. More like a Disney type movie.

But, again, I already knew it would bother me. So i just enjoyed the acting, and the story was actually very good. Hugh Grant made a great bad guy.
    I'll probably buy it on digital.

I liked it, more than I thought that I would
    It was more like seeing a filmization (is that a word?) of someone's DnD session, homebrew rules and all.

Thread Information