5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Module Maker

Module Maker

Extension for any CoreRPG based rulesets that allow creating library modules using lightweight markdown language. The extension is available via Forge
    Use this thread of discuss topics regarding the extension and report discovered issues.

This feature have been used to create official Savage Worlds modules such as Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, Deadlands: The Weird West, Savage Pathfinder and more but now the feature is available for any other CoreRPG based rulesets!

Start guide for beginners

1. Markdown Basics
    2. Markdown Levels
    3. Attributes
    4. Special Attributes
    5. Reference Sheet

Convert PDF into M3L

Follow instructions in Forge
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ikael; May 4th, 2023 at 18:09.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

thanks for this; like I mentioned on discord, your update this am worked like a charm. is there a difference between /flushdb and /module flush?

Quote Originally Posted by macDsinfo View Post
    is there a difference between /flushdb and /module flush?
    Yes,

• /flushdb -- CoreRPG feature which resets database ownership
    • /module flush -- Module Maker feature which removes orphan database resources from generated library modules within your campaign database.
      • This flush is done automatically whenever you launch Fantasy Grounds session but this slash command allow you to run clean up manually
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

I got curious and randomly loaded a few rulesets to see how Module Maker handles, say, a Pathfinder NPC record. And I have to say: Marvelously!

However, I ran into a snack with OSR2:

Every NPC has notes, these are stored in an XML tag like this:

Code:
    <notes type="formattedtext">
      Some text about the NPC.
    </notes>
    If I enter it like this in M3L, everything works fine:

Code:
    @@notes::"""
    Some text about the NPC.
    """
    However, when I use the exporter, it generates this Markdown:
    Code:
    ###The Name of the NPC

Some text about the NPC

@@alignment_dropdown::Any
    And when creating an NPC from this, the notes-tag is empty, but instead it creates this tag (which does nothing in the actual campaign):
    Code:
    <text type="formattedtext">
    Some text about the NPC.
    </text>
    I'm not sure if this is an OSR specific thing or if there is special treatment in the Module Maker code for the "notes"-Tag, but this might show up in other rulesets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    I got curious and randomly loaded a few rulesets to see how Module Maker handles, say, a Pathfinder NPC record. And I have to say: Marvelously!

However, I ran into a snack with OSR2:

Every NPC has notes, these are stored in an XML tag like this:

Code:
    <notes type="formattedtext">
      Some text about the NPC.
    </notes>
    If I enter it like this in M3L, everything works fine:

Code:
    @@notes::"""
    Some text about the NPC.
    """
    However, when I use the exporter, it generates this Markdown:
    Code:
    ###The Name of the NPC

Some text about the NPC

@@alignment_dropdown::Any
    And when creating an NPC from this, the notes-tag is empty, but instead it creates this tag (which does nothing in the actual campaign):
    Code:
    <text type="formattedtext">
    Some text about the NPC.
    </text>
    I'm not sure if this is an OSR specific thing or if there is special treatment in the Module Maker code for the "notes"-Tag, but this might show up in other rulesets as well.
    This is because in CoreRPG NPC's description is stored in text field and OSR has overriden that to notes. Module Maker can be taught to respect different record schemas which would resolve the issue. So far I have added SavageWorlds, 5E, Pathfinder 2e and CoreRPG schemas. I can add OSR schema as well especially regarding NPC "notes" but I do not have the ruleset so I don't know if there is something else different.

You can find supported schemas from here https://bitbucket.org/aheikkinen/mod...%20Maker/data/
    Last edited by Ikael; April 13th, 2023 at 13:38.

Thanks for the quick answer!
    I'm a dingus and wrote "OSR" when I meant to write "OSE". Honestly, I just randomly picked a few rulesets I had to check it out and did not notice that OSE is not included in baseline FGU, but that I got it from the Forge. Know how to approach it the next time I use MM with another ruleset and something doesn't show up, thanks!

EDIT: Wrote OSR instead of OSE again, fml

OSE2 ruleset data support added in Module Maker v0.7.1. This includes new records such as Races, Magic, Classes and Skills. In addition npc and item record sheet used different field for description.

Module Maker v0.8.0 released in test channel. This update introduces new slash command:
    Code:
    /schema analyze
    It will analyze if ruleset defined records are currently supported by Module Maker and will report issues and propose LUA code how to fix it.

Convert PDF into Reference Manual M3L

I have provided Google Apps Script which can convert content in Google Document into M3L. You could use this to convert PDF content into Fantasy Grounds reference manual -- all you need to do is to identify and provide few information about the PDF for the script and run it.

Read more about this feature from the first post.

Thread Information