FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

Thread: 5e Reactions

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Ok after more testing, I noticed that turning the sound notification off, seems to have fixed the lag issue.
    Thanks for the testing

There is a LOT of distance checking when tokens are moved, so not sure if I can speed that up any.

This extension us definitely a 'work in progress' though, so who knows :P

When RL calms down a bit I'll be looking at this one again.

Cheers, Steve.

Just starting to do a little testing... It appears that the notifications are visible to all connected players without regard for whether the NPC triggering the opportunity attack message is hidden in the CT. The message also shows the NPC's actual name regardless of whether or not it is ID'd.

I think ideal behavior would be to only show the notifications to the GM for hidden actors, and show the currently displayed CT name to all.

Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    Just starting to do a little testing... It appears that the notifications are visible to all connected players without regard for whether the NPC triggering the opportunity attack message is hidden in the CT. The message also shows the NPC's actual name regardless of whether or not it is ID'd.

I think ideal behavior would be to only show the notifications to the GM for hidden actors, and show the currently displayed CT name to all.

Thanks much!
    Not a bad idea, I'll see what I can do.
    Also, as a DM, if you hold shift (I think, can't check as at work atm) while moving it won't check for reactions.

Cheers, Steve.

Shift does work. At this point I will just leave the Opportunity Notifications off as it is too risky to give away hidden info accidentally.

It is still AMAZING to be able to Shift-Attack to auto-check the tick-box. Thanks much!!

RAW, they need to be able to see the target to take the attack. In this case the option should be skipped. I notice it checks if they have an reaction before spamming chat...so maybe it can check if they visible on the CT as well.

Opportunity Attacks
    In a fight, everyone is constantly watching for a chance to strike an enemy who is fleeing or passing by. Such a strike is called an opportunity attack.
    You can make an opportunity attack when a hostile creature that you can see moves out of your reach. To make the opportunity attack, you use your reaction to make one melee attack against the provoking creature. The attack occurs right before the creature leaves your reach.

You can avoid provoking an opportunity attack by taking the Disengage action. You also don’t provoke an opportunity attack when you teleport or when someone or something moves you without using your movement, action, or reaction. For example, you don’t provoke an opportunity attack if an explosion hurls you out of a foe’s reach or if gravity causes you to fall past an enemy.
    While at it, maybe if they have "disengage" on them it could also skip it?
    Last edited by nephranka; April 19th, 2024 at 16:41.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    RAW, they need to be able to see the target to take the attack. In this case the option should be skipped. I notice it checks if they have an reaction before spamming chat...so maybe it can check if they visible on the CT as well.

While at it, maybe if they have "disengage" on them it could also skip it?
    Stop making more work for me :P
    But in all seriousness that's also a good point. I'll add it to the (ever increasing) list ^^

Cheers, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    Stop making more work for me :P
    But in all seriousness that's also a good point. I'll add it to the (ever increasing) list ^^

Cheers, Steve.
    I thought about that as I responded

I like the extra options and checking in just worried about adding to many calculations each time any token is moved.

Stacking this with other exts that do it plus FGU checking stuff seems like it’s making a lot of lag.

I know that AURAS had to do a lot of work to get it to not lag.

It's always going to be a tradeoff between functionality and speed when you're checking against every CT entry. There may be a way to mitigate some of this which I'll look kinto eventually.
    For now I'll see about the function additions 1st.

Cheers, Steve.

RE: "checking against every CT entry":

You may have solved this already with 5e Legendary Assistant, but I just want to mention... with Combat Groups, maybe there is a way to calculate only on what is visible in the CT.

I know that doesn't help every situation, but if there is a way to avoid a bunch of needless calculations, that might be excellent.

I'm not sure if Legendary Assistant does look at all (including hidden) CT entries but just doesn't report notifications on them (with the option toggled off), or just doesn't look at them at all somehow. If it is the latter, there might be some other extensions out that that could benefit from that methodology (Clock Adjuster comes to mind).

Thanks for all you do!

Thread Information