5E Character Create Playlist

Paranoia One-Shot – No rule knowledge required/allowed SAT April 1st 1.30 PM UTC

When?
    SAT April 1st 1.30 PM UTC for around 3-4 hours.

How to apply:
    Reply to the thread or send me a message. 4-6 players should work

What is Paranoia, Friend Computer?

Paranoia is a tongue-in-cheek dystopian science-fiction tabletop role-playing game.

It is also hard to explain.

Should I play Paranoia, Friend Computer?

Do you dislike your character getting killed? Don’t play.

Do you like getting other characters killed? Play.

Do you dislike GM fiat? Don’t play.

Do you like backstabbing? Play.

Do you think characters in a party should get along? Don’t play.

Do you like passing notes or sending whispers? Play.

Do you have trouble keeping conflicts between characters between characters and not players? Don’t play.

Do you have no idea what Paranoia is about? Play.

Do you like succeeding at everything? Don’t play.

Do you think you can keep your sense of humour? Play.

[PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONFLICT BETWEEN CHARACTERS SHOULD NOT ESCALATE BETWEEN THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES. REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING HAPPENING WITHIN THE GAME, PLEASE TREAT THE OTHER PLAYERS WITH RESPECT.]

Why should I play it, Friend Computer?

If you want a break from cooperative, traditional role-playing games, Paranoia definitely provides a break.

For an attempt at a description of what Paranoia is like, see here. [Warning: Reading the example of play is considered treason.]

What do I need to know, Friend Computer?

Fantasy Grounds

In order to move the story and combat along at a reasonable pace, some basic Fantasy Grounds knowledge is recommended (how to roll checks, …).

Paranoia Rules

You do not actually need to know the rules. In fact, knowledge of the rules constitutes treason. More precisely, being caught being aware of the rules is punishable.

Paranoia version

I’m sorry citizen, that information is not available at your clearance level.

Character Creation

Pregens will be provided. People already familiar with the system can construct their own characters before the game. Be aware that doing so might constitute treason though as it proves knowledge of the rules.

Friend Computer

Friend Computer is your friend.

Troubleshooter

You are a troubleshooter. You probably were promoted for turning in a friend for treason. You see trouble, you shoot it.

Treason

Acting against friend computer’s interests is treason. Wasting friend computer’s resources is treason. Knowing the rules is treason. Not reporting traitors is treason. Falsely reporting traitors is treason. Failure to recognize treason is treason.

Traitors

Traitors are traitors. Mutant traitors are even worse traitors. Commie mutant traitors are the worst traitors.

What do I need, Friend Computer?

An installed and updated version of Fantasy Grounds. A (free) demo version is enough.

Discord (preferably installed) as we will be using the official Fantasy Grounds Discord server.

A headset or another way to make sure that a) you can be heard clearly and b) there is no echo.

An Internet connection.

Humor is highly recommended.

Pregens:

Pregens taken:
    Steam-R-LLR
    Blowz-R-UPP

Pregens unassigned:

Artie-R-FC
    Brighte-R-NNU
    Slipp-R-YEE
    Ammpe-R-AGE
    Last edited by stephan_; April 1st, 2023 at 09:47.

With that I think we should now have all spots filled.

Friend Computer appreciates your sentiment but warns you not to needlessly use resources to state the obvious.

(FYI there is a chance that one spot is still open.)

Thread Information