Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    Or Silent Ruin will create an extension to fix things.
    Bah. I tend to put solutions to annoyances I encounter in my own games into existing extensions. Only a tectonic shift requirement where the code requirements were completely different from anything I have out there would coerce me to write a new extension, which would probably generate more users.

Hard enough to reduce the user population as it is now, let alone create a reason to be burdened with more of them!
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Make less good stuff then!

You guys don't even know about Menyr yet. We're talking full VR with From Software level graphics VTT, and ability to generate entire countries with some clicks.

"BUT WE LOSE THE IMPROVISATION."

You lose nothing. Obviously the best GMs will switch between VTTs and even theater of the mind on the fly, as needed. The "VTT improv" is meta-improv. I use ALL VTTs depending on which one is the optimal for the job at hand at any given time.

The GM is the ultimate artist (an image of God who made the world, and then takes part in it). I have explained this in my art theory. And by the end of this decade, many people will understand this.

The best GM will obviously use the most and best tools. You can stick to one tool if you want, just because you don't have the time/energy/inclination/inspiration or whatever. But the best will use everything, as always.

For more on this and cutting-edge RPG analysis in general, there is only one place on the internet: https://culture.vg/forum/forum?f=28

P.S. You can dam rivers or break dams or flood entire buildings or whatever in TaleSpire just fine. And TaleSpire isn't even advanced at this point.
    Last edited by CULTxicycalm; April 16th, 2023 at 16:33.

Quote Originally Posted by CULTxicycalm View Post
    You guys don't even know about Menyr yet. We're talking full VR with From Software level graphics VTT, and ability to generate entire countries with some clicks.

"BUT WE LOSE THE IMPROVISATION."

You lose nothing. Obviously the best GMs will switch between VTTs and even theater of the mind on the fly, as needed. The "VTT improv" is meta-improv. I use ALL VTTs depending on which one is the optimal for the job at hand at any given time.

The GM is the ultimate artist (an image of God who made the world, and then takes part in it). I have explained this in my art theory. And by the end of this decade, many people will understand this.

The best GM will obviously use the most and best tools. You can stick to one tool if you want, just because you don't have the time/energy/inclination/inspiration or whatever. But the best will use everything, as always.

For more on this and cutting-edge RPG analysis in general, there is only one place on the internet: https://culture.vg/forum/forum?f=28

P.S. You can dam rivers or break dams or flood entire buildings or whatever in TaleSpire just fine. And TaleSpire isn't even advanced at this point.
    The best GM will provide the best experience for their players. A few dice and some paper can let a good GM do wonders. VTT's? Meh. They work best for me because I'm lazy. But I would never say I was a good GM because I used one or many. In fact, only the players could judge that. And as my goal is to TPK them given any opportunity its a different kind of relationship
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information