FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FGU added elements in the abilities tabs

When I created some new characters using the updated character creation tool or even just doing it manually through drag and drop coding information for various abilities is now being added. For example I created a fighter and coding for three of the fighting styles was automatically added to the abilities tab. Is this a new feature in character creation and will this occur for all classes? Thank you for a great product.

Sometimes the ability entry will have "FGU added" as a classification. This seems to happen most with characters made before the most recent update. Thanks again.

Yes, it is new. It should happen in all classes where appropriate.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, it is new. It should happen in all classes where appropriate.
    Thanks Zacchaeus for the quick response. We appreciate you. Do you know about the Anti-Paladin protection bug that sometimes happens? It will put the protection fighting style in their normally and then it adds the same style under the Anti-Paladin heading. I will screen shot it the next time I see it if the team doesn't already know about it.

This happens when creating a fighter. I haven't seen it with other classes that I can think of.

The actions are created based on the name of the feature. So if a paladin or ranger get fighting styles, it will add those actions. It's a first step to assisting with the creation process. The way it was approached in the past would not add anything and the player would need to add themselves. This gives a helping hand in that creation and give examples of how to generate actions for those new to the platform.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

It does not appear to be working correctly. We are just starting a new campaign and the character wizard lists the fighting styles from the PHB as one entry and the optional ones from other sources as another but created the group in the actions tab with 3 styles instead of offering one to select.
    How does one add Great Weapon Fighting for example.

I have just built 3 fighters to test this, 2 with the character wizard and one manually. In Each case the Fighting Styles (Archery, Protection, and Dueling) have been added by default.

This is a bit misleading.

It unfortunately will add all of them at this time that has an action available from my research. Not every style got an action. Some of them I couldn't find a valid action for them and they were omitted. If you wish to add an action, the wiki does provide steps in how to accomplish this.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by UngainlyTitan View Post
    It does not appear to be working correctly. We are just starting a new campaign and the character wizard lists the fighting styles from the PHB as one entry and the optional ones from other sources as another but created the group in the actions tab with 3 styles instead of offering one to select.
    How does one add Great Weapon Fighting for example.

I have just built 3 fighters to test this, 2 with the character wizard and one manually. In Each case the Fighting Styles (Archery, Protection, and Dueling) have been added by default.

This is a bit misleading.
    Not every fighting style requires or can have a created effect. See video three here for how you can set up all the fighting styles from the PHB (including Great Weapon Fighting). https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

How ever, only one Fighting Style should be selected so the ones added to the Actions Tab should not be added as they were not selected.

As I pointed out earlier, it will add all of them as there is no mechanism at this time to choose just one fighting style. So it builds all of them and will require the removal by the player of the ones that are not being used.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

This is just my view, but wouldn't it be better for the character creation tool to just give the option of a fighting style to pick as part of the character creation process for fighters? The same as picking skills or assigning attributes? I would think the tool would provide choice for every element of a particular class. I don't understand the coding but why would that be any different than coding the other options? Once again, this is a small quirk but it does seem to be something that could be easily fixed. Just my two cents. Thank you for all you do.

Thread Information