Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    I pushed a new version which defaults to having no modules indexed, and basic indexing enabled. There is a new "Module Indexing" button in the options menu to open a basic interface where you can select which modules to index. It will also show the module indexing time and how many records were indexed for modules that have been indexed previously.

When you save&close on the window, it will re-index the modules. I figure with this, the out-of-box impact on loading campaigns should be minimized, and you can see from the "Module Indexing" window (once they have been indexed at least once) how long each individual module is taking to index, and how many records were indexed from the module.

You are a rockstar!
    Being able to select the modules I want indexed, it took I am guessing less than 10 seconds, when performing a search, it is almost instantaneous!
    This is a game changer for real, I cannot wait to test it out in a session! You have just added a QoL that FGU has needed desperately!

You need a donate button.

Bravo - I'll poke around later - thank you so much for your work on this!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoot138 View Post
    You need a donate button.
    He will need to sign up to sell on the Forge and then the Donate button will become available.

FYI for anyone that has tried the extension and had issues with the indexing being slow, I am testing out a new potential version that uses a hack to implement an async event loop and move all the indexing to run asynchronously via the event loop. If you have had any issues with slow indexing, give this a try:

https://github.com/bakermd86/FoogleBrowser/releases/tag/v1.2.0

I have been trialing it with some of the users who have had issues with the indexing performance, and it seems to work a lot better. I am still testing it to make sure it is stable (the way I am implementing the event loop is a bit of a wonky hack so I want to make sure before I make the the live version on the forge). But so far, I haven't seen any major issues.

Just make sure that you don't use the GlobalRegistry/CampaignRegistry for any non-option data storage.

Regards,
    JPG

In regards to this - your previous version, while slow to loadup, was working perfect for me personally.

This new async-based version today (3hrs) ago, I'm stuck on the loading screen for 10 minutes.

I was testing out both async versions on GIT yesterday, and experienced various inconsistent behavior.

Sometimes it would load, get into the table and run the index fast. Sometimes it would get in, and run indexing painfully slow, sometimes i just had to kill the app.

In any event, I didn't mind the linear synchronous indexing/slow loadup - if it means stability on my end. Currently, its just stuck (5 mins now)

*Update* Now its in. Hmmm.

I'll keep hammering. Perhaps my 12 GB of RAM on this box isn't enough. You did merge the Async version into the HEAD right sirnoob ?

The one in which you're polling using a timer based implementation to simulate an asynchronous execution.

Once again though, I have to say, this is hands down the best workflow extension I've ever used for FG, for both its Modal feature (tabbed records under one modal), and its fast search.
    Last edited by spencerg; April 12th, 2023 at 00:09.

I pushed a new version today that includes an implementation of a background event loop to handle the indexing of database nodes so that the indexing doesn't slow down loading campaigns.

I also made all of the indexing behaviors configurable so that you should be able to have it working the way you want in any environment. I will update the first post with instructions on how to tweak the settings if desired, but the default behavior is an automatic mode that tries to adjust the event loop priority to index as fast as it can without impacting the responsiveness of the client itself.

Big thanks to spencerg for his help testing, as his environment was much more prone to performance issues than either of mine, so his feedback was very helpful for getting it working well across a wider range of conditions.

Absolutely  awesome- my advice to everyone using this amazing workflow tool, play with the settings. I personally use blocking mode on load, with advanced indexing (basic off) and everything else on. Also, check your modules, do you really need all 50 of those loaded ? The various settings and ability to prune what gets indexed and what doesn’t is a game changer as well. In summary, find the settings that work for you. It also should be noted, this extension is a lot more than just a tool to search. The ability to create custom containers of records is a huge improvement regarding organization and the ability to get at things you need quicker, without 30 different hotkeys. In summary i think it’s one of the best 3rd tools around. Really stellar job sirnoob! should be integrated. If you need any other testing i’ll be on the GIT repo!

Thread Information