5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Starting to play around with this extension.

Does the indexing save locally? or every time I log in to the same campaign, will it start fresh and take the same basic amount of time?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Also, could you give more detailed explanation for each of the setting options? (Some I get and some I am not sure on)

settings.PNG
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Your last update fixed a lot for us. I can start using FG normally after about 4-5 mins after clicking Join and Start. prior to yesterday's update it could take 20+ minutes (unsure as I left the computer after 15 minutes and returned 25 minutes later so 15-40 minutes). FYI, we use about 45 extensions and have 18 Modules loaded on the player side, probably 25 on the GM side plus 15 - 20 map packs

Now to play around with it and see what it can do thanks for the time you have put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Starting to play around with this extension.

Does the indexing save locally? or every time I log in to the same campaign, will it start fresh and take the same basic amount of time?
    I don't persist the index, initially I had played with that, but storing the index has significant consequences that there isn't a good way to remedy, so I focused on just trying to mitigate the impact of indexing by implementing the background execution loop. The time taken can vary quite a bit based on a lot of factors, but generally speaking it will be roughly similar each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Also, could you give more detailed explanation for each of the setting options? (Some I get and some I am not sure on)
    "Basic Indexing" does 2 things to speed up indexing speed. #1, it skips all database fields that aren't basic strings. #2 it does no secondary lexical tokenizing. So as an example: with basic indexing turned off, a search for the word "Indexing" would capture records containing the word "Indexing" but also the word "Index". While with basic indexing turned on, the search for "Indexing" would only match records containing the word "indexing" and not the word "index.

"Event Loop Priority" changes how many records the background event loop tries to process for each "tick" of the psuedo-event-loop. On lower settings, indexing will take longer but will have less impact on the responsiveness of the UI. On higher settings, indexing will be faster, but the UI will start to slow down and become unresponsive. On Automatic, it tries to index as fast as it can without negatively impacting UI responsiveness.

"Index Formatted Text" and "Index Non-Text Nodes" turn on/off indexing for the formattedtext (former) and dice, number, image, (latter) node types. When turned off, indexing is faster.

"Index on-load" controls whether or not the index is built automatically when the campaign is loaded. If turned off, you have to manually click the "Rebuild search index" button before the index is built.

"Show Indexing Status" controls whether or not the little window in the top right showing the status of the indexing jobs is shown.

My new favorite settings are.

Basic Indexing (Because 9 out of 10 times its good enough) -

Index on load using 3.

I did notice something odd today using automatic, I got a runtime.

With all the problems everyone is having after yesterdays patch, it wouldn't surprise me at all it broke something.

I changed it back to 3 - ran same steps, no problem.

If it happens again I'll let you know, but it might be worth a sanity check or too.

I just want to make sure I understand - the browser can index everything within a campaign (spells, items, characters, character and party inventory, the pre-made adventure that is loaded, etc) and you can simply search in one place? Because that would be very worthwhile.
    Last edited by JeffDM; May 8th, 2023 at 23:46.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post
    I just want to make sure I understand - the browser can index everything within a campaign (spells, items, characters, character and party inventory, the pre-made adventure that is loaded, etc) and you can simply search in one place? Because that would be very worthwhile.
    Yes, that's correct. Modules are not marked for indexing by default, just to avoid performance issues for people with many, many modules loaded. There is a "Module Indexing" button in the options menu to select which modules to index.

Searches in the browser will search all indexed campaign records, module records, and library reference pages.

Hi!
    Really enjoy the extension - thank you for making it. I did catch a bug (unsure if it's already imported). I was able to replicate it on a clean campaign with only this extension installed.
    If you use the diagonal arrow icon in the upper right corner of an image window (just a regular one not associated with the FG browser or anything) to push it to the background of your FG, the button to bring it back out (opposite diagonal) or to push it to cover everything (same diagonal) stops working. So the image is permanently stuck.
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

I concur with the post above. I noticed this bug the other day. The z-index gets screwed up or something similar when you send the map to maximize. Its like the invisible processing/indexing frame is overlayed on top and you cant click the controls at that point

I also noticed an issue with expanding maps / images. I've attached an image with the broken menu circled in red.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tideking; September 16th, 2023 at 00:08. Reason: added image attachment

Thread Information