Quote Originally Posted by Miloh View Post
Thank you for all the replies. Early on I created a roof layer and had individual roofs for each building. Then when a player wanted to walk in the building I would make that image invisible. It turned out to be DM overload with 5 players wandering around so I just turned the entire roof layer off and don't use it anymore. I was watching a video from another VTT company and they had overheard images that would automatically disappear if a character walked under it. It could be a roof, a cliff overhang, tree canopy, etc, but it was automatic once set up. It's a neat feature if FG would want to consider it.
It is indeed a neat feature, I use it sometimes in other VTTs, but it's... hard to judge when to use it and when not to. For example, many times I've had a player argue that if they walk in front of an open window they should be able to see inside, instead of seeing the roof - but on Foundry the roof disappears automatically only when a character token "steps under it". So I end up removing the roof altogether.
Ideally it would work better if the "roof" could replace the "black field" of the LOS obstructed view - but it sounds already way too complicated for little gain.

Nothing stops you from adding this suggestion on the wishlist though (here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/). Once you do, put the link here to give it visibility so people can vote for it.