STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    As MentalChillnmess stated, it is within FG. I just changed the wording in description above, your comment made me look at the wording differently and tried to clarify a bit (?).

I also have Mythic 1st Edition (the blue book) inputted into FG and an agreement with Word Mill to publish here (I actually completed 1st edition back in Decembert, then they released 2nd edition in January so put 1st edition on the shelf.) Not sure what the interest is for 1st edition anymore. The Fate Chart odds are different and it is a slimmer method (i.e., no Variations, etc).

On my list to release from Word Mill:
    Mythic GM Emulator - 1st Edition
    The Adventure Crafter
    The Creature Crafter
    The Location Crafter
    Last edited by Marmus; May 31st, 2023 at 22:48.

Currently On Sale! July 1 to 4 only.

Is this DLC still being maintained and does it work error free with the most current version of FGU CoreRPG? I ask, because when I look at the Forge storepage for this it says it hasn't been updated for almost a year.
    By this statement on the storepage; "Mythic Game Master Emulator Second Edition can be used with any role-playing system to replace the Game Master..." Does that mean the Emulator is ruleset independent and can be loaded within any of the 10 ruleset DLCs I own? Does it use any extentions?
    By this statement; "..or played on its own without another RPG." Does that mean this DLC also includes the Mythic RPG rules?

Answers to my questions would help with my making a purchase of this DLC.
    Last edited by kronovan; March 31st, 2024 at 20:54.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Is this DLC still being maintained and does it work error free with the most current version of FGU CoreRPG? I ask, because when I look at the Forge storepage for this it says it hasn't been updated for almost a year.
    By this statement on the storepage; "Mythic Game Master Emulator Second Edition can be used with any role-playing system to replace the Game Master..." Does that mean the Emulator is ruleset independent and can be loaded within any of the 10 ruleset DLCs I own? Does it use any extentions?
    By this statement; "..or played on its own without another RPG." Does that mean this DLC also includes the Mythic RPG rules?

Answers to my questions would help with my making a purchase of this DLC.

Not speaking on behalf of the author, but this is one of my favorite RPG tools.

It still works with no issue. There are a number of modules such as this one that do not require much updating because much of it functions within the base tools of FG (ie. not custom or altered coding).

It will run independent of any ruleset.

It does not require any additional extensions. This product is literally a conversion of the numerous random tables found within the book. So, along with a copy of the text of this book, all the hard work of creating the multiple tables and not having to cross-reference the meaty Fate Chart is well worth the price of admission.

It does not include the Mythic RPG rules specifically. However, it would not be too difficult to use this tool alone to weave a game, though would certainly be "rule-light" (and hence why this tool works so well within other games, Mythic Emulator fills in whatever gap you want it to.)

Quote Originally Posted by paladinlee View Post
    Not speaking on behalf of the author, but this is one of my favorite RPG tools.

It still works with no issue. There are a number of modules such as this one that do not require much updating because much of it functions within the base tools of FG (ie. not custom or altered coding).

It will run independent of any ruleset.

It does not require any additional extensions. This product is literally a conversion of the numerous random tables found within the book. So, along with a copy of the text of this book, all the hard work of creating the multiple tables and not having to cross-reference the meaty Fate Chart is well worth the price of admission.

It does not include the Mythic RPG rules specifically. However, it would not be too difficult to use this tool alone to weave a game, though would certainly be "rule-light" (and hence why this tool works so well within other games, Mythic Emulator fills in whatever gap you want it to.)
    Thanks for the reply - I bought this DLC. Man it's a heckuva lot of tables, but not too bad once you recognize that most are just variants of the Fate Question for different probability descriptors and chaos factors. I like the reference book, albeit I already own the PDF and run a multiple monitor setup. So I'll probably use my PDF loaded in a different screen more, but still nice to have in-game. As I get to know MGME better, I do think I'll still use the couple of adventure generators I've already imported for some of my rulesets and settings. Admittedly though, while they're more suited to the genre and TTRPG rules they were built for, they're no where near as comprehensive as MGME.

Thread Information