DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    And yet more joy as I fall deeper into this rabbit hole of exploration of how things really work...

Anyone know how I got in this state? My favorite test character I've used for years can no longer ever have owner cleared from host - the db.xml shows no ownership (public) and yet it still claims its owned in client after I've been forced to manually erase the login from client (then it will show me its in a different ownership state than host shows). I have no idea what is causing this or how its happening... anyone else know? I'll probably end up just removing it entirely from CT and character sheets etc. but I'd kind of like to know how this can happen. This is with no extensions - pure FGU currently.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Moon Wizard is away or travelling.
    Players have never owned their CT entries.
    Everything is syncd by linkPCFields/setLink and number_ct_crosslink templates
    Based on your commentary I'm guessing no other extension or ruleset uses agnostic buttons on the client CT side of things so are not dependent upon the PC owning its own CT entry. Hence.... redelivered my extension where this used to work and doing it myself.

If anyone is interested its trivial to do as I was already calling this for other reasons...

Code:
    function onIdentityActivation(sIdentity, sUser, bActivated)
            ... Stuff I was already doing ... 
    	if not Session.IsHost then
    	else
    		local nodeCT = CombatManager.getCTFromNode("charsheet." .. sIdentity);
    		if nodeCT then
    			if bActivated then
    				-- insure CT is owned by the PC (this used to be done by SW but no longer is so doing it myself)
    				DB.addHolder(nodeCT, User.getIdentityOwner(sIdentity), true);
    			else
    				-- insure CT is no longer owned by the PC (this used to be done by SW but no longer is so doing it myself)
    				DB.removeHolder(nodeCT, User.getIdentityOwner(sIdentity));
    			end
    		end
    	end
    end

I don't think 5E ever had ownership for the PCs in the CT. The Rolemaster Classic ruleset has had it since before I took over development for it and if 5E had it then I would have used it as an example when I was trying to convert the ruleset to be based on CoreRPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I don't think 5E ever had ownership for the PCs in the CT. The Rolemaster Classic ruleset has had it since before I took over development for it and if 5E had it then I would have used it as an example when I was trying to convert the ruleset to be based on CoreRPG.
    Then I'm at a loss to explain how at least one (not checked them all) of my older campaigns have logged in PCs that own their CT. I tend to delete CT's a lot during testing so its a rare find to find one logged in from a long time ago.

In fact I dug up the original carrier test campaign I used to test all these buttons and every one of the PC's had it's CT owned. So I'm pretty confident when I wrote all this it was working.

And now of course, by my own hand, its working again.

If something else was setting PC ownership of their CT entries then I'm at a loss to think what it was.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 23rd, 2023 at 22:26.

Blog Entries
    PCs do not own their CT node entries in CoreRPG or the SW produced rulesets.
    The SW way would be to use OOBM or to use those templates mentioned earlier.
    You could try and add PC Ownership but then you are off on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    PCs do not own their CT node entries in CoreRPG or the SW produced rulesets.
    The SW way would be to use OOBM or to use those templates mentioned earlier.
    You could try and add PC Ownership but then you are off on your own.
    I have to assume you are not understanding what I'm talking about. I use OOB all the time - I use crosslinked things - these are not those. Nor would I write some kind of convoluted system to get one node of a windowclass to synch up between host and client.

Thread Information