STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Automatic Marching Order

G'day there.
    I am wondering how to set the 1x 2x 3x marching order with PC preference.
    Meaning, I don't understand how FGU the chooses the PC order (1x 2x 3x)
    I understand how to set the marching order myself, but whenever I change the marching order column/file it always places the tokens in the same order (but according to 1x 2x 3x). I just don't understand where it gets it's order from.
    I have probably made this hard to understand, apologies

Blog Entries
    Do you mean the Order Tab from the Party Sheet? https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...heet#Order-Tab

What ruleset? Can you add some screen shots of what you are trying to do? It might help us understand better what you are struggling with.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    G'day there.
    I am wondering how to set the 1x 2x 3x marching order with PC preference.
    Meaning, I don't understand how FGU the chooses the PC order (1x 2x 3x)
    I understand how to set the marching order myself, but whenever I change the marching order column/file it always places the tokens in the same order (but according to 1x 2x 3x). I just don't understand where it gets it's order from.
    I have probably made this hard to understand, apologies
    You drop things in the order map - including any NPCs you want - then drag the green skull icon onto map to place them (provided they are all in CT already of course). Erase each token in order map - then hit 1x - they will reappear in single file - erase them all - do 2x and will appear in double file... etc. I really don't see the point to those buttons myself. Just place them in order map how you want them to drop in the real map and be done with it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Do you mean the Order Tab from the Party Sheet? https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...heet#Order-Tab

What ruleset? Can you add some screen shots of what you are trying to do? It might help us understand better what you are struggling with.
    Win 10
    No extensions
    4E d&d
    Ok here goes.
    Yes, the Order tab from the party sheet.
    After some more experimentation I have found that,
    1/ If I set my marching order manually (image A) as a 2x2 formation as my default, but then the party enters an area that requires a different order (eg single file) it becomes fiddly.
    2/ The order tab in the party sheet sets the initial watch order and subsequent marching orders according to the CT order.
    Therefore when I use the 1x 2x 3x buttons to assign marching order, the order is determined by the CT order. (See image B)
    3/ Then when I want to go back to my 2x2 order, it doesn't remember it and goes by the CT order.
    So, am I missing something?
    Is there a way where it remembers the manual marching order and doesn't forget it when I change the formation using the 1x 2x 3x buttons?
    Otherwise, I don't see the point of the 1x 2x 3x buttons, because I have to manually adjust the marching order to what I want anyway.
    A.png
    B.png

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    You drop things in the order map - including any NPCs you want - then drag the green skull icon onto map to place them (provided they are all in CT already of course). Erase each token in order map - then hit 1x - they will reappear in single file - erase them all - do 2x and will appear in double file... etc. I really don't see the point to those buttons myself. Just place them in order map how you want them to drop in the real map and be done with it.
    I understand how to use the order stuff. The way it s doing the 1x 2x 3x order is throwing me!
    Cheers

I think it remembers the watch order that was last used. I suspect that the idea here is that once you have set the watch order then you don't change it if you want to keep that forever. The 1x, 2x, and 2x, buttons are there for convenience I think; so that you can quickly set a marching order rather than place the tokens in a particular formation.

The marching order is there for initial placement on a map; once on the map tokens can move anywhere and the marching order becomes irrelevant. If the formation won't fit into a particular corridor or whatever then the players would be moving their tokens through it in a manner that will fit rather than the DM changing the formation order and re-adding the tokens to the map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I just player around with this a bit.

You need to set the Watch Order, not just drop the PCs in that section. There is a field to the left where you can type numbers.

So this is how it worked for me after setting numbers in the field for each PC.

Code:
    Single Column order
    etc.

Two Column order
    1 2
    3 4
    etc.

Three Column order
    2 1 3
    x 4 x (presumably 5 4 6 if I had six PCs)
    Screen Shots

Single Column:

Two Column

Three Column

Blog Entries
    I'll add here that when you use the green helm to put the party on a map, it grabs everything that is green in the CT, not just the PCs in the Party Sheet or in the marching order tab.

Personally, I'd prefer if it just grabbed the entries that are in the Party Sheet. Now it grabs 10 PCs, 5 mounts, 3 animals, the Party token for overland travel and the 3 NPCs that are elsewhere guarding the camp.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I'll add here that when you use the green helm to put the party on a map, it grabs everything that is green in the CT, not just the PCs in the Party Sheet or in the marching order tab.

Personally, I'd prefer if it just grabbed the entries that are in the Party Sheet. Now it grabs 10 PCs, 5 mounts, 3 animals, the Party token for overland travel and the 3 NPCs that are elsewhere guarding the camp.
    Id prefer it to grab everything.

deleted

Thread Information