STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    It appears to be working now. Thanks!!!

Could I get a syntax example to create an Effect for easing a skill roll? I can't seem to get it to work.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    Could I get a syntax example to create an Effect for easing a skill roll? I can't seem to get it to work.
    EASE: <filter>

where filter is either
    - "stat" for easing all stat rolls
    - "skill" for easing all skill rolls
    - "defense" for easing all defense rolls
    - "attack" for easing all attack rolls
    - "might", "speed" or "intellect" for easing rolls of any type using the specified stat.

You can also put in specific skill names as long as those skill names are a single word. For example "deceiving" or "searching" would work, but "discern lies" would not.

Thanks! I always forget that effects descriptors need to be lower-case only, e.g., "EASE: Persuasion" doesn't work, "EASE: persuasion" does.

Some bugs in Effect actions on an Ability:

1. Duration is only counted in rounds, ignoring the duration type (I suppose that could be a limitation of the base ruleset)
    2. No matter what is placed in Expenditure, the effect remains until the rounds count out.
    3. Cost is placing the "Spent X from Y Pool" verbiage in the effect text when added to a character, which makes it fail.
    4. I had another one where Edge wasn't being used by an effect's Cost, but I am unable to reproduce it now.

Feature request:
    EFFORT as an effect for a free level of effort. This would be different from just EASE because it would count against a character's max effort.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thanks! I always forget that effects descriptors need to be lower-case only, e.g., "EASE: Persuasion" doesn't work, "EASE: persuasion" does.
    I'll fix this for the next release, effect text shouldn't be case-sensitive.

Duration is only counted in rounds, ignoring the duration type (I suppose that could be a limitation of the base ruleset)
    You are correct that it's a limitation of the base ruleset and CoreRPG, however I can fix it by forcing durations of minutes, hours, and days to not have a duration on the combat tracker.

No matter what is placed in Expenditure, the effect remains until the rounds count out.
    Good catch. I'll get these fixed and push an update today or tomorrow

Cost is placing the "Spent X from Y Pool" verbiage in the effect text when added to a character, which makes it fail.
    EDIT: I can reproduce this now, my test abilities weren't set up correctly. Will get a fix for this one too.

I had another one where Edge wasn't being used by an effect's Cost, but I am unable to reproduce it now.
    I haven't seen this, but I'll keep an eye out for it in case I do when I run my game.

Feature request:
    EFFORT as an effect for a free level of effort. This would be different from just EASE because it would count against a character's max effort.
    Great idea! This should be able to go out with the rest of the fixes, but if not I'll release the fixes and then add this after.
    Last edited by Saagael; April 22nd, 2023 at 20:12.

New version - v1.1.0

[FEATURE] When a cypher is added to a parcel or the party sheet it will automatically roll for the level of the cypher based on the "level roll" field. This will not occur if the cypher already has its level set to a non-zero number.
    [FEATURE] Added "Effort" effect, which applies levels of effort to rolls a player makes. The effort applied via this effect is limited by the character's max effort (which can be augmented with the MAXEFF effect). Tags include the four roll types (attack, defense, skill, stat), the three stats, or a single-word skill name.
    [FEATURE] NPC's can now perform heal actions
    [FEATURE] NPC's can now perform effect actions
    [FEATURE] Effects with a duration counted in minutes apply ten times the duration in rounds (i.e. 10 round equals 1 minute). Durations counted in hours or days have no duration.

[FIXED] Effects now apply the correct Expenditure type (action, roll, single)
    [FIXED] Edge is now correctly applied when paying the cost of an Effect
    [FIXED] Using an ability's effect now displays the ability's text separate from the effect text. Fixes an issue where the "Spent X from Y pool" text was appearing in the effect
    [FIXED] Effect tags (the text that occurs to the right of the colon) are now case-insensitive.

Fantastic!
    --
    I'm so bassic

Hmmm. It seems as if the new EFFORT effect isn't actually applying the effort when rolled.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Hmmm. It seems as if the new EFFORT effect isn't actually applying the effort when rolled.
    What is the effect text and what roll are you making? Because it's an effect the message in chat won't say that effort was applied, but it will say that there was a -1 effect modifier to the difficulty.

Effect text is "EFFORT: persuasion". Character is Trained in persuasion. Target is a level 2 "Generic Mook". When the persuasion roll is made. Difficulty level is showing 1, as reduced by being trained.
    Making the Skill "Untrained" has the difficulty level remain at 2 for the same roll and effect.

Trained and a free level of effort should make that an automatic success.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information