FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

D100 visual bug?

Not sure where the issue here is, but it originally came up in the RMC forum.

When rolling a D100, there seems to be a visual bug where what is displayed on the dice is different than what shows as the Result in Chat.

It seems to be adding 1 to the rolls when it posts the result.

I decided to try it in a CoreRPG campaign where I see the same thing, and I was able to capture a few screen shots.

I did some testing and if the ones digit is a 9 it shows as a zero so a 59 on the dice would show up as 50 in chat. I checked each of the additional ones digit numbers (0-8) and they all added one to the result. That tells me it is giving the 10 different results but the dice aren't matching what is reported in chat.

Quick note; there is a post over on Reddit as well regarding Call of Cthulhu and the D100 behaving the same way as above with it adding 1 when it posts the result to the chat (along with the 2D10 as well).

I do not have that ruleset to test myself though, so I cannot confirm the 2D10 issue, as using the Right-click add one Die to the D10 does not behave that way, so I am not sure where that issue might be coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I did some testing and if the ones digit is a 9 it shows as a zero so a 59 on the dice would show up as 50 in chat. I checked each of the additional ones digit numbers (0-8) and they all added one to the result. That tells me it is giving the 10 different results but the dice aren't matching what is reported in chat.
    Yeah, not sure about other game systems but goIng from a 99 to a 90 in Rolemaster is a right kick in the teeth! My main worry for RM is that a visual 09 would be moved to a 00 which would be treated as zero rather than the much desired 100 in RM

Last night we had a 00 rolled visually which went from a Crit to a 01 fumble

It seems to be related somehow to the new dice packs. When I use the Artificer or Wizard dice packs then the roll is correct; but if I switch to one of the other dice packs then it adds the extra 1.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I noticed this too in our D&D 5e game last night when my players were casually rolling d100s. One player landed 0 & 00 and the results showed 1.

Edit: we don't have any dice pack enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFury View Post
    I noticed this too in our D&D 5e game last night when my players were casually rolling d100s. One player landed 0 & 00 and the results showed 1.

Edit: we don't have any dice pack enabled.
    This bug I am assuming will occur even without dice packs enabled because they had to make changes to the way textures are placed on the dice in order to support the new skins. It used to be they all got the same numbers applied regardless, but the new skins appear to have their own textured numbers, so I think that has changed so that dice can be skinned without the default numbers they used to all get. It's probably a regression from this new change.

We're looking into it. It looks like the face textures are not matching the physical sides of the dice. The distribution is fine, just the ones dice physical display on the 3D dice is not correct.

EDIT: Verified that the face texture mapping is correct on Artificer/Wizardwrought; but not on other dice. Working with artist to get updated face texture.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; March 16th, 2023 at 16:29.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChanterelle View Post
    Yeah, not sure about other game systems but goIng from a 99 to a 90 in Rolemaster is a right kick in the teeth! My main worry for RM is that a visual 09 would be moved to a 00 which would be treated as zero rather than the much desired 100 in RM

Last night we had a 00 rolled visually which went from a Crit to a 01 fumble
    You can still get a 100 because I got it in my testing. It was just a 00 with a 9 instead of the usual way of doing it. I never rolled a 00 with a 0 but I suspect it would be a 1 and not a zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We're looking into it. It looks like the face textures are not matching the physical sides of the dice. The distribution is fine, just the ones dice physical display on the 3D dice is not correct.

EDIT: Verified that the face texture mapping is correct on Artificer/Wizardwrought; but not on other dice. Working with artist to get updated face texture.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks.

Thread Information