DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Trouble assigning Roles to the PC ship

When I tried to add crew roles to the PC ship all the players are assigned as passengers.

I created the vessel using the PC ships button. I hit the '+' symbol on that window to get a blank ship sheet. I fill in my selections for ship design. Then drop the ship in the Party Sheet -- Ship Tab.

When I tried to add a crewman to a role I have 2 empty lines, a colored circle and 2 blank spaces. Clicking on the blank spaces does not bring up an option to select a role and dropping a portrait on one of the lines adds the PC as a passenger below the empty lines.

While researching this issue I found several references to https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...tarship+Combat

I follow those instructions and problem persists but I did notice a difference from the wiki and my campaign interface. When I click on add a new PC ship I get a window with a Main -- Tactical -- Notes tab while the wiki shows Main - Crew - Weapons - Cargo(?) - Notes. I tried relaunch a new campaign with just Starfinder rule set select and found the same pop from the PC ships add pop up. It does not seem that the game is aware of the crew slots on the ships I create and I can not seem to find a place to add them manually. Anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

THank you

Hi,

have you tried the ships tab on the character sheet?
    You can assign a role there.

Reviewing a YouTube video from Fantasy Grounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlLSwXMmfKo ... The presenter mention the Captain had to create the ship (a PC) and the players assign their own roles. Does this mean as the GM I can not assign roles for them or did I misunderstand?

THank you

Bingo Pyrius! Thank you so much

I dropped ship onto Party Sheet then the crewmen onto the ship. It was defaulted to passenger. But on the character sheet I could alter the role from passenger to whatever I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wharwick View Post
    Bingo Pyrius! Thank you so much
    You´re welcome. Glad I could help!

I have a similar problem with assigning roles to players.
    1. Created new ship
    2. Added new ship to party sheet
    3. Dragged characters into crew spaces
    4. On character sheets under ships players cannot see roles to assign themselves. The line under "Assigned Starships" shows the ship token and the drop down under "Role" is blank. There is also no "retrieve actions button".

Not sure what happened, has been working within this campaign in the past (vanilla Starfinder ruleset, playing fly free or die campaign)

Anyone have any ideas?

I am unable to replicate. I was able follow those steps and locate the ship on the character sheet and adjust the character's role on the ship. I would suggest attempting it in a brand new campaign with no extensions loaded and see if it's still happening. If it's still continuing then I will need more information to help diagnose it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I was able to replicate after speaking with another user and pushed a hotfix for the issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I was able to replicate after speaking with another user and pushed a hotfix for the issue.
    Thank you very much for the turn around on this!
    I love your work - all sorted

Thread Information