DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: PDF Importer

PDF Importer

Are we ever going to get a proper PDF importer, so that our Reference Documents can just be imported with chapters and layout format retained, rather than the current rather clunky BUILD option?

Something for the wishlist maybe? Link in my signature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Booker Grimm View Post
    Are we ever going to get a proper PDF importer, so that our Reference Documents can just be imported with chapters and layout format retained, rather than the current rather clunky BUILD option?
    No.
    Its just not possible.

Blog Entries
    There is no standard "layout" of objects in a PDF. They may look all nice and organized in the PDF view itself, but behind the scenes their is not a single structure. Therefore every PDF would have to be evaluated (by a human) as to what the layout is and how to map each object to an FG object.

Think about when you just try to cut and paste text out of a PDF, notice how you have to clean it up? Especially when you have column wrap? Sometimes text parts get left out (especially headings). Notice how sometimes when you try to grab images out they behave weird?

Some day AI will be smart enough to figure it out. But that's not something that would be worth the investment to develop on its own. Instead such capability will be an offshoot or tertiary benefit of some other AI development investment.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Heck, I'd be happy if I could just embed images into Notes, Story, Quests, etc.

Thread Information