Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP - Star Wars FFG Edge of the Empire - Long Term Campaign

FG License: FGU Standard
    Game System: FFG Star Wars (Ruleset HERE and dependency HERE)

Time Zone: USA Mountain Time
    Day of Week & Time: Saturdays starting at 6:30 PM (Can be adjusted if need be)
    Planned Start Date: March 25, 2023 (Can be adjusted if new players are still needed)
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour sessions weekly (Can be limited to bi-weekly if needed)
    Term: Long-term campaign

Text or Voice: Voice ONLY
    Voice Software: Discord, players will receive a DM/PM with link to a personal server
    Recording/Streaming: None

Roleplay & Combat Mix: Estimated to be a mix of approximately 70/30 or 60/40 for most sessions
    Number of Players In-Game/Needed: Have 1 player, need 3 more
    Starting Level & Equipment: New-gen characters with 0 XP and basic starting gear
    Character Restrictions: Official races and classes, Fan races/classes available with GM approval

Game Calendar Page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=6573

Details:
    The world of Brexit, located in the eastern Expansion Region, is a world that has long been exploited by the galaxy’s major corporations for profit. Nowadays, the world is a barren waste covered in factories, mines, and refineries, and the sky is so polluted that seeing the sky is nigh impossible for those living on its surface.
    You and your friends have spent the entirety of your young lives here on Brexit, knowing that if you don’t find a way to change things, you will continue to spend the entirety of your lives toiling away as a corporate slave in the dirty, dangerous factories that constantly surround you. It is time for you to seize your destiny and climb the ladder that leads to the stars!

In this campaign, players will initially take on the role of a group of friends living on a desolate, heavily exploited industrial world in the Star Wars galaxy, beginning a little over a year before the events of Episode 4: A New Hope. Not wanting to live their entire lives as corporate wage slaves in the stinking, choking fumes of the massive factories surrounding them, they will, for a variety of reasons, work towards finding a way to get off-world so they can make themselves a greater life in the stars beyond. The primary aim of the campaign is to set players up with a backstory and an origin point from which they can grow and expand upon, while offering them a relatively free-roaming experience in a sandbox setting where their choices will impact the way they interact with the world around them, and vice versa.

I would like to recruit players who will enjoy roleplaying and storytelling as the main aspects of the story, though this need not entirely exclude those who prefer not to make choices that are narratively appropriate even if they are not mechanically maximized. Tolerance for some amount of swearing is advised, and a good sense of fun and humor is encouraged - this game is mostly about having a fun time telling a communal story with each other.

Additional Notes:
    - First session will be used to create characters as a group, followed by the first session of gameplay.
    - Experience with the FGU software is desirable – this is my first time running a game with it, and having help from someone more experienced with it when needed would be welcome.
    - Experience or knowledge of the Star Wars FFG rules is desirable but is certainly not a necessity – I can and will gladly help players new to the system get up to speed with the rules if they want to play, but it would be nice to not have to if I don’t need to.
    - Players will be given a link in our Discord server for a custom-made PDF that will have many, if not most/all, of the homebrew material that will be used in the campaign. I can also provide copies of the official material to players who do not already have access to it.
    Last edited by rogueranger1993; March 15th, 2023 at 02:38.

Greetings,
    I am interested in joining you if you are able to do this on a different day. Anytime on Sunday, or Tuesday evenings work best for me. I have experience with both the table-top and FGU Star Wars games. Specifically the ruleset made by John Niba for FGU. Let me know what you think. Either way, I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from this.

I am very much interested if you have room

I would also like to join. I am an experienced player who has all the materials for Edge of Empire. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks

ultimate account. GM RMC and Fallout, Player in a d and d 5e game. would love to join as a player

I'm a bit late, but I'd be interested in joining if you need another.

Hey, I apologize for the long delay. To explain, I had a few guys who I was able to play with for a bit without using FGU, but that fell through after a while, as I had a lot of real life issues that happened. If any of you guys are still interested in playing with this setting, we can discuss a time that works for everybody, as I am free most days of the week. Friday or Sunday might be best for my schedule, but I can work something out if those days are incompatible with your schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueranger1993 View Post
    Hey, I apologize for the long delay. To explain, I had a few guys who I was able to play with for a bit without using FGU, but that fell through after a while, as I had a lot of real life issues that happened. If any of you guys are still interested in playing with this setting, we can discuss a time that works for everybody, as I am free most days of the week. Friday or Sunday might be best for my schedule, but I can work something out if those days are incompatible with your schedules.
    Greetings, I am interested in joining the game, and would be able to join you if the game is Monday or Tuesday night.

I'm extremely interested in this! I've been looking for an SWEotE campaign for a long time. I can make most nights work, though during the week session length and start time would be a tight window for me. You can contact me on Discord as JoeCold.

I'm curious, how are you handling the dice in FGU? I don't think they support the Final Fantasy Star Wars rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCold View Post
    I'm extremely interested in this! I've been looking for an SWEotE campaign for a long time. I can make most nights work, though during the week session length and start time would be a tight window for me. You can contact me on Discord as JoeCold.

I'm curious, how are you handling the dice in FGU? I don't think they support the Final Fantasy Star Wars rpg.
    There is a fan made rule set for FFG Star Wars. While not complete, a lot can still be tracked, rolled, etc. It is a work in progress, but very well done. It can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rk-in-progress

Links to it in the FGU Forge are also found there.

Thread Information