FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Maps and Images not loading

Good afternoon all I am having issues loading maps and images. I have attached logs and computer specs. Please let me know what I can do to fix this. If there is something else I need please let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A voice calls to me...
    It says, "Search for Paradise."

Can you do a screen clip of what you are seeing when you say that the maps/images are not loading? (Windows + Shift + S)

I don't see any errors in the logs, and the files seem to be getting received

Regards,
    JPG

Here is a picture of the game. This is happening over multiple campaigns. The current one is Scarlet Citadel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A voice calls to me...

That question mark means that the file is unable to be loaded; so that means that the image is either unable to be saved to disk (due to file permissions); or it is being intercepted before being saved (due to Internet filtering software). I believe it is more likely the second issue, but you'll need to look at more things to check for the second issue.

For the file permissions, you can try removing the cache folder within the FG data folder. You can get to the FG data folder by pressing the folder button on the upper left of the FG launch screen. Once there, you can rename or delete the "cache" subfolder you find there. This will reset all caching of files and data for any games that you play in, and the cache folder will need to be recreated by the program next time you join a campaign. If this is a file permissions issue, then this should fix the issue as everything will get created from scratch with the correct permissions.

If the image files are being intercepted or modified by Internet filtering software, then you'll need to figure out what software is installed on your machine which is causing the issue (overeager ad/image blocker, security software that filters "unknown" image downloads, etc.), or look on your router to see if you have any data filtering set up on the router (such as SPI filtering, ad blocking, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

I have already attempted to clear the Cache as was suggested in several other posts. I also did a clean refresh and deleted the Appdata file to make sure it was a clean install. Neither of those worked. I will try the other suggestions. Thank you!
    A voice calls to me...

Blog Entries
    Lyzen one quickish way to do some testing is to connect to your mobile phone hotspot and test. That can rule out (or help rule in) your router and ISP.

Another way if mobile is not an option: try a VPN client and connect the app before launching FGU - this can be another way to see "is it my ISP or my computer (if it works through the VPN then you know your computer is setup correctly and it's a security setting/filter on the ISP side.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Lyzen one quickish way to do some testing is to connect to your mobile phone hotspot and test. That can rule out (or help rule in) your router and ISP.
    Thank you for the help I can try this
    A voice calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeDodger View Post
    Another way if mobile is not an option: try a VPN client and connect the app before launching FGU - this can be another way to see "is it my ISP or my computer (if it works through the VPN then you know your computer is setup correctly and it's a security setting/filter on the ISP side.
    Thank you! I can test this even easier! Any suggestions if it is on the ISP side? Also any way to test this without being in a campaign?
    A voice calls to me...

Thread Information