DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Looking for a specific extension

I am currently running a dungeon crawl and I have the players marching through the dungeon. Is there an extension that allows for other player tokens to follow one player's token who is the leader of the group and takes into account for LoS?

I think the Combat Groups extension allows for a group token to be assigned to the party. It does a lot more than that and it’s only for D&D 5e so not sure it’s the right fit.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/154/view

If you turn on party vision, everyone can view through each other's tokens.

Blog Entries
    I usually turn on Party Vision and let the players keep their tokens together. And when they don't and trigger an encounter, then the party is spread out when the encounter starts.

Sometimes I will add a group token to the map and grant it party vision. Generally I only do this in a mega dungeon where their is a master big map and then local room maps. Using this, then I add the PC tokens to the combat map based upon how they are setup in the Party Sheet.

And it sounds like you can check out Combat Groups as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi All, thank you for the replies and suggestions.

I've looked at Combat Groups, unfortunately this isn't what I'm looking for. The group has shared party vision on and we tried the shared party token but they didn't like it because some of the party wants to wander off on their own (which is another issue I'm trying to deal with).

In this case I'm looking for a party formation extension where the group moves as one and takes into account for LoS. I found 5e Carrier which is close but ignores LoS. I've tried just selecting the entire group and having one player move the group but with tight LoS corners some of the party gets stuck and left behind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydarkson View Post
    I've looked at Combat Groups, unfortunately this isn't what I'm looking for. The group has shared party vision on and we tried the shared party token but they didn't like it because some of the party wants to wander off on their own (which is another issue I'm trying to deal with).
    For dealing with this issue... I believe in "natural consequences"

I let my players wander. I let them split the party. And as soon as one of them triggers an encounter while they are 500 feet away from the party, combat mode is engaged, and everyone is where their PC token is. No "Oh, well I was following Mikala so I'm over here..." Yes this does mean that one or more PCs are going to get left out of the fight while they run to catch up (if they even know what's happening). It does mean that some player will be left out of interesting things to do. Yes it does mean that a PC or three might get captured or killed. And yes it might mean a player has no living character to "run" and play with until they roll up a new character and you have a logical place to work them in to the campaign.

These are all natural consequences of their choices. Let them chose, and learn. If the players don't know about the whole "Never split the party" thing, let them learn it.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Is there a way to grant one single token Party Vision?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    Is there a way to grant one single token Party Vision?
    Yes, via right click on the token

Quote Originally Posted by jaydarkson View Post
    I am currently running a dungeon crawl and I have the players marching through the dungeon. Is there an extension that allows for other player tokens to follow one player's token who is the leader of the group and takes into account for LoS?
    Not sure what you mean by "taking account LOS". LOS is by the owned token you are running if a player - if a host then you see everything if you want. If you mean can one player move the other tokens as a group and deal with LOS then sure you could select them all and move them as a group but that is not really what your asking. You could try carrier but that is a paid extension and you should look for something free first. Carrier will allow any CT entry to become a carrier of one or more other CT entries and have all their orientations change with the "carrier" one as it moves and turns. But this also is not what I think you are asking for. I think you are asking for something that can have a marching order and move one lead token and have them all move with the LOS boundaries - as in a twisting hallway have them flawlessly move in a serpentine with the leader. There is nothing like that that I'm aware of.

Hmmmm...
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 13th, 2023 at 18:57.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information