DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Turn-based effects and Divine Strike

I realize that this is very specific, but I was hoping someone would know something about Fantasy Grounds code that I don't (and can't find).

I have a player with Divine Fury. With turn-based effects, I got it to work by creating the effect: Divine Fury; DMG: 1d6+3 radiant; ONTURN;
    I further automated it by tying it to his rage with: Divine Fury; IF: CUSTOM(Rage); DMG: 1d6+3 radiant; ONTURN;

And it works perfectly. Once per turn, as long as he's raging, it does 1d6+3 extra damage on the first successful attack.

Now I have a player with Divine Strike and I thought I could do something similar, but there's a problem. Going off the first example: Divine Strike; DMG: 1d8 slashing; ONTURN; will work, but it applies to EVERYTHING, including something like sacred flame. Divine Strike only applies to weapon attacks.

So, I'm looking for code that would specify that the extra damage should only trigger if it's a weapon attack. I have tried different combinations of IFT syntax, but I'm not sure how to say "melee or ranged weapon attack".

I'm hoping there's a wizard who knows what I'm missing.

Thanks!

DMG: slashing, melee
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    DMG: slashing, melee
    So, would that be

Divine Strike; IF: DMG: slashing, melee; DMG: 1d8 slashing; ONTURN;

Never mind, got it!

Divine Strike: DMG: 1d8 slashing, melee; ONTURN

That was simpler than I expected. Love Fantasy Grounds. Thanks, Zacch!
    Last edited by wframe; March 10th, 2023 at 15:04.

Thread Information