DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Arcane is a reserved keyword the SWADE code understands.
    All powers are Arcane. That's handled in the underlying code.
    If you put Arcane as a keyword on a sword, it will count as a power / spell. You probably don't want to do that unless it's a spirit blade.

Melee is another reserved keyword that' automatically applied to melee weapons.
    Ranged is applied to shot weapons (guns, bows).
    Thrown is for turtles and tortoises.
    I'm kidding. It's for weapons that use Athletics as their attack skill. I wanted to see if I could throw you.

There's one or two other built-in attack types which rarely come up. Like Bombadier, only needed by WWII bomber pilots and beetles.

Other attack types, like Frost, Fire, Laser, Sonic, Sunlight, Turtles, are ad-hoc. I mean, they're damage types you add to weapons and powers in the keywords box, whatever you want.
    So sci-fi will have things like sonic, laser, psionic. The GM decides what damage types and trappings things have.
    Fantasy would have fire, frost, enchanted, moonlight, whatever fits the setting.
    What setting has Turtle and Tortoise weapons... I want it!!

Where did you put the custom damage type "Magic"? On a weapon or power or elsewhere?
    It was a weapon. And it worked with the damage syntax [@Magic Damage +2] but not with the toughness syntax.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    I just tested [Arcane Toughness -2] and it worked as expect. I added that effect as Hindrance called "Magic allergy" to PC with normal Toughness of 6 and made Power damage roll against the character. Chat and combat tracker showed following:

Code:
    [Ikael] Toughness: 6, Magic allergy -2 = 4 -> Shaken!
    You can add multiple types by separating them with | for instance

Code:
    [Arcane|Melee Toughness -2]
    Would make your Toughness be 2 less if damaged by Arcane or Melee
    Sorry, my post was very unclear. The Toughness modifier from Arcane worked fine but not with a custom damage type "Magic"

Thanks for the "|", I'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    Sorry, my post was very unclear. The Toughness modifier from Arcane worked fine but not with a custom damage type "Magic"
    Good catch! There was bug in effect keyword processing where only the hard-coded keywords worked. I have patched this in the upcoming 5.6.0 update.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I can't get [>Ignore #Recoil, @Double Damage] to work. The recoil is ignored, but the Damage isn't doubled. I have tried it with keywords and without. I have even tried it with only [@Double Damage] and still getting normal damage. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by YggBjorn View Post
    I can't get [>Ignore #Recoil, @Double Damage] to work. The recoil is ignored, but the Damage isn't doubled. I have tried it with keywords and without. I have even tried it with only [@Double Damage] and still getting normal damage. What am I doing wrong?
    @ means against me. Ie. Damage against you (attacker) is doubled. Remove the @ if you want to cause double damage to your targets
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    @ means against me. Ie. Damage against you (attacker) is doubled. Remove the @ if you want to cause double damage to your targets
    This appears to not be working at the moment. Gonna try without extensions

Seems to not be working for me either.

I'm only running Maker, Maker Tweaks, and Keywords at the moment.

Use >Double Damage.
    Also, you must have a character targeted for the effect to kick in. If you roll damage without a target, it won't double damage.
    I suspect that's because there are various other calculations that must run before the double damage effect. It doesn't know how much damage should be doubled.
    (I think things like immunity, resistance, damage types, etc. must be calculated first.)
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; July 10th, 2023 at 20:39.

Use >Double Damage.
    Also, you must have a character targeted for the effect to kick in. If you roll damage without a target, it won't double damage.
    I suspect that's because there are various other calculations that must run before the double damage effect. It doesn't know how much damage should be doubled.
    (I think things like immunity, resistance, damage types, etc. must be calculated first.)
    Ahh I think I was dropping (damage) dice on a target for my first test.

Ok. I made a new campaign, set ot up with all the extensions I normally usw and eveythinv working as expected.

Thread Information