FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

LFP - 1 Player Needed for Friday AD&D Long Term Campaign

Hello.

For the first time in quite a long time (several years in fact...), I have an opening in one of my campaigns.

You would join eight excellent mature adult players in a Friday evening AD&D campaign set in the Sea of Dust in Greyhawk. We play generally from 7:30 to 10:30 PM Eastern every 2nd week or so on average.

The campaign has been active for a while; we are currently about 11 sessions in. You would be picking up an existing PC, a 5th level Human Ranger.

Most of us are older and we all have a good appreciation for the "old school" style of gaming. If you're reading this and you started playing back in the late 1970s or 80s, you're right in the ballpark.

We use Discord for voice communications during the session and for chatting outside of game times. There are a number of other campaigns being run on the server, including an ad hoc open/pick-up Judge's Guild Wilderlands of High Fantasy game and a Neverwinter Nights game. I have an Ultimate license so all you would need is the free Demo (if that's an issue).

Absolutely looking for someone who can play nicely in the sandbox with others as the saying goes. If you think you might fit, drop me a PM on Discord at @JohnD#1818 and we can chat.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Can highly recommend John's games. There is a great community of old school players in his games.

I am streaming this campaign so if you would like a preview.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...UmnZkGwpOoItK9

I'd be interested in joining in

I would be interested in joining your group (assuming you'd want me). Are you using D&D 2e or 3e or 3.5e? I also started playing in the late '70s, and am still playing (5e) with some of the people from the early '80s. I would be interested in 3.5e, but the earlier editions no longer interest me. I will attempt to contact you via Discord. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemsalot View Post
    I'd be interested in joining in
    Hi - I'm thinking the opening has been filled but if you want to drop me a message on Discord we can chat anyways if you'd like.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague 63 View Post
    I would be interested in joining your group (assuming you'd want me). Are you using D&D 2e or 3e or 3.5e? I also started playing in the late '70s, and am still playing (5e) with some of the people from the early '80s. I would be interested in 3.5e, but the earlier editions no longer interest me. I will attempt to contact you via Discord. Thanks.
    Hi. This game is JohnD&D (as prometheus13 coined it...) which is a mix between AD&D, AD&D 2e and 44 years of House Rules.

- John Diefenbaker

Okay thanks for the clarification. I won't be interested, but I wish you well with your group.

If a spot ever opens, I would be interested.

im not sure if your still looking for a new player but i am most certainly looking for a spot.

Blog Entries
    @DPlowman11 and @Shling both of you can message me on Discord and we can chat. My Discord ID is in the original post for this thread.

- John Diefenbaker

Thread Information