DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Ability Score Increase

Is it possible to create a feat to increase the ability scores of a character.

I'm unaware of a way to increase the ability scores on the sheet with a Feat, but you can add an Effect to a Feat which is applied upon its addition to the character's Abilities.

before.jpg

after.jpg

In my example, the after picture shows the Effect's modifier being applied to a Strength roll. Please note that it does not appear to modify the actual value of the Ability, only the bonus.
    Last edited by Muagen; March 10th, 2023 at 03:38.

There's not a way of automating that.

Is that from an official Paizo PF2 product? The whole design philosophy with PF2 is that base stats don't usually get modified outside of the boosts taken at character generation and at levels 5, 10, 15 and 20 - except in extreme circumstance (the 17th level apex items in the Core Rules, for example). Things are different in PF2, there's not the PF1 spells/potions that temporarily increase abilities, for example.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is that from an official Paizo PF2 product?
    I'm assuming you're talking about the super-balanced and thoroughly-considered Feat, Get Even More Bigger.
    In that case, nope. I cobbled it together to demonstrate that, while I can't make a Feat that will adjust an Ability score on the sheet, I can make a feat that will apply a permanent (as permanent as the Feat) boost to rolls with that Ability score.

I understand that Pathfinder 2e has a different design philosophy than Pathfinder 1, but I also understand that we don't play tabletop RPGs to be bound definitively by what is RAW. Homebrew is inevitable.

Plus, this gave me an opportunity to get a better understanding of how Automation works, and I am always down to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about the super-balanced and thoroughly-considered Feat, Get Even More Bigger.
    In that case, nope.
    No, I wasn't specifically referring to your post - I was really asking the OP. Sorry, I should have quoted their post in my response.

I understand that Pathfinder 2e has a different design philosophy than Pathfinder 1, but I also understand that we don't play tabletop RPGs to be bound definitively by what is RAW. Homebrew is inevitable.
    I understand that too - but with a massive list of PF2 ongoing development on my plate, I'm primarily going to look at official products, so I'd like to be aware if Paizo are suddenly adding ability changes/boosts to feats.

Plus, you can homebrew this, as a permanent bonus to an ability is possible in the ruleset - use CTRL+mouse-wheel on the ability "Score" or "Bonus" field on the PC main tab, which shows the change as a modifier bubble on the relevant field. If you're happy with this "bubble modifier" approach then you *can* use automation in a feat - see the dbnumber option here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ental+Features

For example, for the Strength characteristic, to add a modifier to the ability "Score" use dbnumber:abilities.strength.tempmod:+2 or to the Bonus" use: dbnumber:abilities.strength.miscmod:+2
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I understand that too - but with a massive list of PF2 ongoing development on my plate, [...]
    Well, I mean, if it's for the sake of progress on Build 19 and that sweet, sweet Activity automation, I'll start tweeting my Twit off at Paizo to leave well enough alone. People are doing business here, folks!

For example, for the Strength characteristic, to add a modifier to the ability "Score" use dbnumber:abilities.strength.tempmod:+2 or to the Bonus" use: dbnumber:abilities.strength.miscmod:+2
    I know that had to have been there when I was researching how to do the stat bump in Get Even More Bigger, but I missed it completely. Thanks for peeling back another layer of the onion for me!

I know that had to have been there when I was researching how to do the stat bump in Get Even More Bigger, but I missed it completely. Thanks for peeling back another layer of the onion for me!
    I must admit I'd forgotten about the dbnumber automation - that was the experimental stuff before I rewrote it for Release 18, but kept the code there (kinda - see next sentence) for flexibility in cases like this. Unfortunately, I didn't migrate the remove code as part of R18 - so, currently, adding the dbnumber works fine, but if you remove the feat/feature it won't remove the dbnumber change. I'll get that fixed in Release 19.

Thread Information