FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456

Thread: Animated Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    Man....we all got so heated for a feature that was well on the way to being implemented.
    Indeed. But even the other Devs didn't know Carl was working secretly on making it happen.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    Man....we all got so heated for a feature that was well on the way to being implemented.
    Truth! I’m too lazy to scroll back but if it wasn’t in this thread it was another I got a bit “passionate “ on the topic as well. And bam now we have animated maps. Apologies if I got a bit “rammy” as my mom would say when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    Truth! I’m too lazy to scroll back but if it wasn’t in this thread it was another I got a bit “passionate “ on the topic as well. And bam now we have animated maps. Apologies if I got a bit “rammy” as my mom would say when I was a kid.
    The discussion got heated because people had a strong interest in this feature. I'm sure that seeing this discussion heat up helped SmiteWorks see how much interest was actually there for animated maps in FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    The discussion got heated because people had a strong interest in this feature. I'm sure that seeing this discussion heat up helped Smite Works see how much interest was actually there for animated maps in FGU.
    And when we do get other features, a new set of challenges arise. However, it is really cool to have animated content. I don't think most of us realized initially that the Unity Engine does not natively support codec VP9. I think the word is finally spreading now and we are getting used to all of the changes and meeting the challenges as a community and a team. Some of the artists and creators are creating for Web Based VTTs and VP9 would be supported on those more web-based platforms, as well as audio and sound, etc.

Good times.
    Laerun
    Last edited by Laerun; July 1st, 2023 at 06:58.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

As the originator of this thread I appreciate all the feedback, opinions, etc! As with all things, there is a process and as Laerun mentions with change come other challanges and with animated maps it’s the case where FGU is using VP8 format and Dungeon Alchemist exports in the VP9 format. I don’t claim to know the intricacies of the formats but now that we all know about it I’m sure the great community we have, along with FG will figure something out at some point. Main thing is….at this point in time, Smiteworks is giving us some animated options and that is fantastic! Much appreciated and Thanks all!

Thread Information