Starfinder Playlist

Where are all the skills?

I have many modules, including all the core rules ones (PHB, DMG, Tash, etc). What I do not understand is where are all the skills?? So many core essential skills are missing. Climb, Bluff, Diplomacy, forgery, etc, the list is long. Why have these not been included? Having to manually enter all these skills is time consuming and I hoped maybe I just missed something?

I assume you're referring to D&D 5e? If so, the sub-skills you mention are covered under the main skill entries from the PHB - WotC simplfied the skill list from pervious versions. In FG open up each skill record from the campaign skills list to see what the rules say the skill covers.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

yes and no. I sort of blend editions. So for the Alchemy skill, that falls under? There are entire tables dedicated to certain creations. Climbing? that simply falls under what? Acrobatic or athletic? I guess I am not a big fan of over simplification and would like those skills added back in regardless of working within 5E. I am an old school DnD player. What is now called Pathfinder (apparently) was simply the 2E or 3E? either way its looking like I am going to have to manually add these myself, tables included.

Unfortunately for you, the team has to replicate the 5e rules as they exist, that’s part of the contract with Wizards. Yes, in 5e they did reduce the skill list and group them under more generic ones. Example, climbing would be covered under Athletics.

You are free to add other skills if you want.

The D&D 5e ruleset in Fantasy Grounds contains the data presented in the product modules you purchase and activate in your campaign - the D&D 5e RPG system has these skills: https://5e.d20srd.org/indexes/skills.htm

As you want to homebrew your game then, yes, you'll need to enter additional skills and any other data you want to use.

If you're looking for a more old-school feel, then maybe you should look at the D&D 2E ruleset? There's lots of official content available for that ruleset, here are the core rulebooks: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...search=&sort=1
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information