FG Spreadshirt Swag

Occult Adventures Special Abilties Missing?

Hello everyone, today I was creating some characters using the options from Occult Adventures. When I went to look at the various Mesmerist tricks, I was unable to find any entries in the special abilities tab. I was able to find a description of the tricks in the reference manual, but I was surpised as other classes with mechanics of a similar nature have their abilties listed in the special abilties tab. I looked at the other OA classes and I was unable to find "drag and droppable" abilties for many of the "at x level choose from this list" type class features (things pertaining to occultist implement schools, medium spirits, psychic phrenic amplifications, psychic disciplines, anything to do with kineticist etc). It should be noted that some OA archetype abilities do appear, but often the "base abilty" they replace does not. For example the blood kineticist archetype ability "blood throw" appears, but the basic kineticist ability it replaces (utility wild talent) does not appear.

Based on the fact that other classes which allow you pick abilites/features from a list (rogue talents, alchemist discoveries, sorcerer bloodlines etc) do have have entries in the abilities tab that can be dragged onto my character sheet I suspect this may be an oversight. However if this is a mistake on my part, where can I find abilties that I can drag onto my character sheet? I would rather not have to break out the reference manual every time if possible.

Thanks for reporting. I've forwarded to the DLC developer.

Regards,
    JPG

ccult Adventures Special Abilties Missing?
    Hello everyone, today I was creating some characters using the options from Occult Adventures. When I went to look at the various Mesmerist tricks, I was unable to find any entries in the special abilities tab. I was able to find a description of the tricks in the reference manual, but I was surpised as other classes with mechanics of a similar nature have their abilties listed in the special abilties tab. I looked at the other OA classes and I was unable to find "drag and droppable" abilties for many of the "at x level choose from this list" type class features (things pertaining to occultist implement schools, medium spirits, psychic phrenic amplifications, psychic disciplines, anything to do with kineticist etc). It should be noted that some OA archetype abilities do appear, but often the "base abilty" they replace does not. For example the blood kineticist archetype ability "blood throw" appears, but the basic kineticist ability it replaces (utility wild talent) does not appear.

Based on the fact that other classes which allow you pick abilites/features from a list (rogue talents, alchemist discoveries, sorcerer bloodlines etc) do have have entries in the abilities tab that can be dragged onto my character sheet I suspect this may be an oversight. However if this is a mistake on my part, where can I find abilties that I can drag onto my character sheet? I would rather not have to break out the reference manual every time if possible.

I'll look into it and update it so they all show up

Shadowcat

Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post

Hi Navigat0r

I added all the special mechanics (either kinetiscist blast, wild talents, utility talents, etc) for all the occult class in the special abilities, including spell list. Some abilities were missing due to having the same title (they get "crushed" and only the latest entry get saved). all special abilities have been renamed to be easier to find for each archetype and to distinguish them all. These change should make your character creation much smoother. I will put the fix is a (urgent) so it might come out Wednesday, or next week at the latest (i hope). Thank you for reaching out

shadowcat

Hello shadowcat34,

Thank you for fixing this. I haven't looked very closely yet, but I have been able to find nearly all of the special mechanics which I mentioned in my original post. However, I am still unable to find any of the mesmerist class abilities.

Hello shadowcat34,

Thank you for fixing this. I haven't looked very closely yet, but I have been able to find nearly all of the special mechanics which I mentioned in my original post. However, I am still unable to find any of the mesmerist class abilities.
    hum...

I'll have a closer look at the mesmerist class too and update you on what i can do.

shadowcat34

Hello shadowcat34,

So I looked again and of course you were right. The first time around I did not pay attention to the class skills as I thought they were all already defined in the class tab. My mistake. Mesmerist (and psychic, and to a lesser degree spiritualist) should be complete now: added another ~100 entry) should be out this Wednesday. sorry for the long wait. As usual, reach out if anything seems missing or incorrect

Shadowcat34

Speaking of occult classes - how would you track mental focus points for the occultist in FG?

Unfortunately fantasy ground's pathfinder 1 was not updated to take into account all the peculiarities of occult adventure. For resource that you have to keep track off you would have 2 option.
    1- do it manually (outside of fantasy grounds or
    2- create a stackable item (like munition), change the name of it. then you will have a series of box you can click as you use your resource. and you can clear the boxes once you rest. That is how i would o it

Shadowcat

I do not know that kind of points, but is it like a spell point system? For this one can use the KI point spellclass maybe (create a spellclass and click on the book in the upper left corner twice)

Thread Information