5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 13 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinesdragon View Post
    Character wizard Rogue Class > (Level 01) Thieves' Cant > Select Language: there is not an option in the dropdown for thieves cant.
    Thieves Cant is not a language per se. It's a feature of the class and appears in the abilities tab; so that's why there's no language to select.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

True, but the character wizard was expanded a bit for homebrew in this area and the GM just needs to add the missing languages or even their own and when a language choice is available it will be selectable.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 163852.png
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    True, but the character wizard was expanded a bit for homebrew in this area and the GM just needs to add the missing languages or even their own and when a language choice is available it will be selectable.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 163852.png
    Works great. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    It unfortunately won't expand to the edges as it needs to accommodate for multi-class. I have it on my list to find a better solution, but for now the filter buttons and the search can assist in finding the spell you wish to add.
    Would an easier solution be to just make the spell list a separate tab completely?
    If you want it done
    I can do it
    If I can't do it
    I will get it done
    If I can't get it done
    You don't need it done

The spell selection is tied to the class that selects it. This allows the same spell to be chosen with different casting ability and so forth. It cuts down on the action tab group configuring after character creation.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Unable to select filter source for Race in character wizard... and hence unable to complete a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
    Unable to select filter source for Race in character wizard... and hence unable to complete a new character.
    If you are using the PHB (only) there is an error (introduced this morning) which meant that it was released without races. I've fixed the issue and it should get released soon.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi! FG without extensions, only 5e PHB loaded. In Character Wizard all tab all ok except in equipment tab if someone enter a value in GP , SP or any coin field error throws after click 'select starting kit'
    "charwizard_equipment.lua:23 bad argument #1 to 'pairs' "

character.png
    Last edited by DungeonArchitect; March 25th, 2023 at 12:07.

It is very inconsistent, but I did add in a check to ensure the error does not appear. Will be available with the next update to the ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I'm not sure if intentional - but I did not get an option to choose my ASI when adding a feat. (Observant) at the beginning with race. I feel like I remember this might've been a thing before.
    I also cannot modify the base number in manual entry - again- not sure if intentional - I just know it worked in the prior version.
    Steps to replicate are pretty much just attempting the above (adding a feat or attempting to adjust the base number for abilities.)

I also noticed if I switch to point buy so that the up/down arrows for abilities show up, then switch back to manual - some of the abilities retain the ability to manipulate via the up/down arrows.
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Thread Information