DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Treasure Vault: Compendium

Going to offer here a quick overview and support thread for the new release, Treasure Vault, for Pathfinder 2 RPG.

On the surface, it might look like a simple loot book, with all sorts of new treasures to be found. While that is true, it’s not nearly the entire picture. So yes, you can find some very interesting and new items to add to treasure hordes, give to NPCs to employ against or in aid of the PCs, allow characters the opportunity to craft, place in the Grand Bazaar for purchase, etc. But where the treasure vault shines, in my opinion, is in all the new ideas and approaches with items that can be employed in any campaign.

Here's a brief look at what to expect in the TV.
    • 100s, and I mean 100s, of new magic items. These are divided into individual categories (and then subcategories) related to their use.
    • Armor and Armaments: The first category, this section includes a slew of new base armor and weapon types to add to the campaign. For example, there are 5 new Light Armor types such as Quilted Armor and Leather Lamellar. Along with the new types of armor and weapons, new traits that reflect their varied usages. A number of new materials have been added as well, for those looking for more exotic gear designs that depart from the standard. Shields, in particular, have been given new life with traits specific to them, a dozen new types, and new features. There are also new individual magic items that fall within this category (such as the Vampire Fang Morningstar). As if that wasn’t enough, new Runes are available, too!
    • Alchemy Unleashed: If you enjoy alchemy and all it offers, there’s plenty here. Alchemical Ammunition turn those mundane ranged attacks into something terrifying indeed. New bombs to lobbeth at thy foes, so they may be snuffed, along with some new tools, poisons, and other items to add to your campaigns. Alchemists who enjoy the support role will find the a whole slew of new Alchemical Foods to aid themselves and the party in their travels (and who doesn’t enjoy a good Pucker Pickle after a meal of Auric Noodles?). Not to be outdone by Genies, Alchemists can come with their own Bottled Monstrosities (not unlikely genies, too, let’s hope you know what your doing once you unstopper one of those flasks).
    • Momentary Magic: Full of new single-use items, there’s a lot here that might turn the tide of any encounter (combat, social, etc). It expands further on the Catalysts and Fulus first introduced in Secrets of Magic. It also expands on Magical Ammunition. It adds a whole new item type called the Missive. Ever wanted to read a scathing letter to an ex and get real results from it? Oh yeah, you’ve come to the right place! There are nice ones, too, sure – and no, I am not bitter. Honestly. Not at all. Where was I? Oh, yeah, there’s also new Oils, Potions, and Talismans galore. There’s even Wondrous Consumables that, well, you’ll just have to see to believe.
    • Trappings of Power: Sounds ominous, huh? Not really, though there is certainly some great power found in these section. In here you’ll find those permanent items that can set a character apart from their humble beginning. Apex Items are very powerful items that any self-respecting player will long for as they can increase ability scores plus offer additional use effects. Assistive Items (which includes two new Assistive Companions) offer aids to those who need it. There are new Grimoires and Held Items to employ. New Staves and Wands to make use of. More Tattoos to decorate a character with. Boots, Backpacks, Clothing, Headwear, and more. There are also number of new Spellhearts (also introduced in Secrets of Magic) to enhance items the characters already own.
    • Secrets of Crafting: This might be the most exciting section of the Treasure Vault as it offers an entirely new set of rules for those who want more depth in the Crafting of items in Pathfinder Second Edition. If you found the Core Rules to be a bit simplistic, you’ll definitely want to dive into this section. It even offers some new interesting approaches to various types of crafting: Nature Crafting and Story-Based Crafting. There’s a lot there to dive into and plenty to think about for those wanting to expand on how items are made in their PF2 campaigns.
    • Game Master’s Trove: The final additional content section, it contains new Artifacts, Boons, Cursed and Intelligent Items, as well as Relics. Some of them are quite unique and could easily be centerpieces to an entire campaign. Moreover, the introduction of Archetype Artifacts (which can be as low as 2nd level) details how an item can bring with new Archetypes that can be equipped (so essentially gained for free) through the use of items. An interesting concept that could have some real possibilities for a campaign looking for different ways to give characters new options. The Relics section also introduces a whole new concept that CRPG players will likely be familiar with: the notion of Set Pieces. Relic Sets are a collection of items that when equipped work together for greater and greater effects (the more items worn, the more additional effects are activated). There is a lot to this and these items can start to be gathered legitimately from level 1, so real thought would need to be made before adding it to any campaign, but the possibilities and the excitement that players around the table might gain could make it worth looking into adding.

There are a bunch of new feats also found within its pages and even a new cantrip. All in all, for anyone interested in new gear, new magic, and new ideas, it has a lot to offer.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; February 22nd, 2023 at 15:07.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

This thread will also provide updates on this product as they become available. Most notably will be the Automation that will come with the release of R19 which will make for easier use of various item effects!

I also welcome any comments, feedback, and inquires.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I'm super excited. I love this book.
    My only real question is about the few items (most notably a couple of the consumables) that have already been called out for errata. There was one type of ammunition that even had an effect on a crit save (an obvious error).
    Are you able to communicate with the Paizo devs on this? Or do you have to wait for official errata.
    Thanks, SR!

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    I'm super excited. I love this book.
    My only real question is about the few items (most notably a couple of the consumables) that have already been called out for errata. There was one type of ammunition that even had an effect on a crit save (an obvious error).
    Are you able to communicate with the Paizo devs on this? Or do you have to wait for official errata.
    Thanks, SR!
    Any fixes that come from Paizo that I become aware of I will implement, with or without an official errata. I've run into this on a couple of other projects where I had to dig around in their forums, blogs, etc., to find an answer when I came across something that was clearly out of whack (this happens more in Adventures, but can be found in all products). This includes reaching out to Paizo if necessary.

If you encounter anything you'd like me to look into or have heard about from various sources, I'd be happy to follow up on it.

There is one item in particular I'm thinking about (the consumable with effects on crit saves) that was called out on the Paizo forums, and one of the devs responded and said it was a mistake.
    I will go find the item, comment, and the thread and post it for you.

Okay. The one I know about is black tendril shot on page 80 of the treasure vault.
    Michael Sayre, designer, commmented in the forums:
    "Already marked for errata. Not sure what happened there but I suspect we'll at least be changing the crit success to "Target is unaffected", and then cascading the other DOS effects down accordingly so that the crit failure falls off and the current failure becomes the crit fail (and probably dropping deafened as well, I'm not sure how that speaks the the item's effect.)

With this much new content, sometimes a couple things slip through the cracks, but we're already working on getting them identified and patched."

This response from him was on page 2 of the thread located here: https://paizo.com/threads/rzs43r44&p...troduced-minor
    Last edited by Milke; February 22nd, 2023 at 17:28. Reason: additions

I tried to go to the linked Steam page from the FG product page but it's just bringing me to the main Steam store page. I think someone missed flipping a switch maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    I tried to go to the linked Steam page from the FG product page but it's just bringing me to the main Steam store page. I think someone missed flipping a switch maybe?
    It is scheduled for release on Steam for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    It is scheduled for release on Steam for tomorrow.
    Ah, I see, thanks for the info

Oh! One thing I didn't mention in the original post is that for all the items that came with images, the physical version (hardback/PDF) displayed them in grouped pictures. As a bonus, I also included all of the associated items individually within Treasure Vault for FG. They can be found in the Images Tab under the Pathfinder 2 RPG - Treasure Vault group.

Hey, SR, you prob knew this by now. But for anybody else, treasure vault has been added to their official errata page with the other books. It has several things listed on it.
    This way, you can get them worked in from the beginning, Shade.
    https://paizo.com/pathfinder/faq/

Thread Information